Automatically re-record episodes tagged as 'interrupted'

Many of the shows I record are broadcast in two or more timeslots, hours or days apart. Unfortunately, I often don't get around to watching a recording until several days later. This means my opportunities to re-record an episode that didn't record completely have already passed.

Nothing worse than sitting down to watch a 2 hour-long mystery, only to find the recording doesn't have the last 10 minutes...

Therefore, I'd like the option to automatically re-record an episode whose recording was marked as 'interrupted'.

Excellent idea!

Over the past month or so, I have had this happen a couple of times. Also, I have had episodes that did not record due to an unavailable tuner automatically schedule and attempt to record at the next airing.

Are you saying that this does not happen in your case?

I'm saying that I occasionally get partial recordings, which have the tag 'interrupted', that are truncated (shorter than the show's duration). e.g. only recording 45 minutes of a 1:40 show (such as Inspector Morse). It doesn't happen frequently, and sometimes it's just the last few minutes (which is perhaps worse if it's a whodunnit like Poirot)

The problem is not a missed recording getting rescheduled, it's a problem of an 'interrupted' partial recording not being re-scheduled.

3 Likes

You got my vote. I was thinking the same thing a few days ago and thought I would come here and post a message about it. You beat me to it (by more than a month!) :laughing:

I added my vote for it.

Or if it's easier, let us set a pass to record EVERYTHING like TiVo does (Every episode that airs, including new, reruns and duplicates of those).

I've been trying to record all episodes of a couple series that run a marathon.
With interrupted recordings and losing auth with Xfinity-TVE it's become frustrating.

They air the same episode twice during the day, once in the morning and again in the afternoon. That is pretty normal for new series episodes too.

If the first airing is interrupted or not able to record and I'm not babysitting the DVR, I can't schedule the second airing that day.

I tried setting them to record manually from the guide, but if the airing time changes you get the wrong thing recorded.

2 Likes