Autoplay Favorites or Playlist

Any idea if an option to Autoplay movies or shows from Favorites or a Playlist is the works? sort of like the autoplay for the up next's episodes but for movies or shows from a list?

Thanks.

+1

New Channels DVR user here. I'm hoping to decommission a TiVo HD with a lifetime subscription and replace it with the Channels DVR. I located a couple of other threads requesting the autoplay feature. From the responses, it appears that the autoplay feature was added to the Apple TV app beta sometime in January, 2020...

I am running Channels DVR on a Raspberry Pi and using the Channels app on both Fire TV and Android devices for playback. I installed both the alpha and beta versions and did not see the autoplay feature available. This leads me to a couple of questions...

1. Are there plans to add this particular feature to the Android/Fire apps?
  2. Generally speaking, are there different features available depending what device is running Channels DVR server and/or the client?

I won't say it's a deal-breaker but autoplay is an important feature that I use frequently on my TiVo. I also use it in both the Netflix and Amazon Prime Video apps.

Thanks.

Yes, there is indeed. It just requires a lot of additional work. It is in progress, but there is no specific release date.

For the most part there is feature parity. However, a few features (such as Autoplay, Kiosk mode, separate Kids library, enhanced program views/options) have not made their way to Android devices (including FireTV) yet. The plan is to ensure that there is parity, but it is difficult to manage two-separate code bases.

In general, new features are first released on Apple platforms, and then they are brought over to Android.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation.

My suggestion as a new subscriber is that if feature disparity exists between the clients, it would be helpful if where listed, those features indicated what client supports them. For example, in the case of Autoplay, it's listed on the main "Channels Plus" page as a feature of the DVR with no caveat that it's only supported on Apple TV (and currently in beta). That would suggest (as it did to me) that Autoplay is a DVR feature - not a feature that is client-specific - and I just couldn't find it.

1 Like

Playlists have just gone into beta. Learn more in the beta post: