Autoplay on Android backwards

Having an issue with Autoplay on Android (Google TV Chromecast) across multiple shows and GoogleTV devices, on 3.5.1 and 3.5.2.

After playing episode 10 of a season, Autoplay queues up episode 10 again. If I let Autoplay keep going, it queues up episode 9, then 8, etc.

Autoplay works as expected on the AppleTV however (episode 10 to 11 to 12)

I've attempted all setting combinations that I can think of and am out of ideas at this point. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you!

Have you checked Settings > Library > Airing Order?

Yes, I get the same reverse Autoplay behavior for oldest first and newest first

Sounds like a bug. Where in the app are you starting auto play from?

It would be helpful if you can install and test the beta to see if the bug is still present there.

I've gotten the backwards behavior starting from Up Next and from the shows More Episodes page. Sometimes, it'll autoplay in a random order as well?

Google TV is blocking direct install of the beta from the Support tab "unknown apps can't be installed by this user" and won't let me toggle install unknown apps on for Channels. I'll have to dig and figure out what the block is there before I can install the beta

The Chromecast with Google TV requires you to enable Developer Options in order to get access to the permissions to sideload apps.

To enable developer options, go to Settings > System > About, and click OK a bunch of time on the "Build Number" entry. Then a new "Developer Options" will appear in the System settings.

Dev options on, beta installed (107.6.1958)

Started episode 3, FF to the end. Autoplay queued up ep 3 again. FF to the end again and episode 4 was queued up.

Okay so the first episode is always shown twice?

Or you're saying it's in the wrong order too?

Yes, the first episode is always played twice.

The third in the queue is sometimes the episode before (most of the time), sometimes the episode after, and every once in a while, just a random one, but always in the same season.

It's quite perplexing.

Are they all recorded in order? Or is it possible that it is determining playback order by date recorded, rather than OAD/S#E#?

I did try the server side settings to force Airing Order to Oldest First yesterday and on my initial test, it was still repeating the first episode, then playing backwards (ep3 -> ep 3 -> ep 2 -> ep 1) . This is the way it has been behaving (mostly) for several weeks.
Upon more testing this AM, it looks like it may have taken more time to push out the setting than I was expecting. :slight_smile:

For the GoogleTV Chromecasts set to Oldest First, I'm now consistently getting the first episode repeated, then moving on to the subsequent episode in the series (ep3 -> ep 3 -> ep 4 -> ep 5). I've tried this on both syndicated shows recorded from multiple channels/sources/out of order and new shows recorded weekly in order with the same behavior.

Autoplay on the AppleTV still works as expected (ep3 -> ep 4 -> ep 5 -> ep 6) whether Oldest First or Newest First

Has there been any resolution on this for Android Devices yet? I am on the newest pre-release and using the newest Android Beta on my Nvidia Shields. Auto Play is still playing the same episode over, sometimes multiple times (not just twice). It isn't just reverse order, it just plays the same episode.

Issues with auto play have been fixed in the new beta apk uploading now.

Tested and working for me, Thank you

Picture In picture also stopped working on Chromecast with Google TV a few weeks ago any chance of getting that fixed also?