Back & Home button issue in the video player

I have notice with the latest beta release for Antdroid TV that when you hit the back button to view the guide the channel viewed is not selected but returns back to the top of the guide. It use to stay at the channel being viewed. Channel surfing is not going to work with this behavior.

I think that’s a thing to bring navigation into some sort of standard. AppleTV does it too. You have to use the left arrow instead. It’s not intuitive to me. Nobody ever asked me what I thought. Maybe I missed a call.

1 Like

Are you saying that the channel just watched, wasn't focused anymore, and instead it was scrolled to the top?

So:

1. scroll down to a channel
  2. click to watch the channel
  3. BACK to exit video player
  4. Guide is scrolled to the top

Is this the case? If so, this is a bug. It should only scroll to the top of the guide if you hit the back button while using the guide.

The correct behavior should be:

2. click to watch the channel
  3. BACK to exit video player
  4. Guide shows with channel focused

The new behavior mentioned is:

2. BACK
  3. Guide scrolls to the top

I will defer to @kennyb3653 but I was referring to a step 5 in your scenario where if you hit BACK one more time and it takes the guide back to the top instead of exiting to the menu. Not intuitive to me but I can deal.

Thats correct. The channel currently viewed is not focused anymore and goes straight to the top of the guide. I’ve tried with pip turned on and off.

I tried this on my SHIELD and could not reproduce. When I hit back in the video player, I end up on the guide at the same place where I left off.

1 Like

Working fine here with the Onn UHD Android TV, and the beta. Goes to show playing in guide clicking back once, and top of guide clicking back button a second time.

I rebooted and even uninstalled the app from the shield and the issue still accurs. I don't know what else to try. This is an app issue and not a DVR issue right. I did return DVR back to Sysnology NAS due to issues I was having with PI4

What shield model are you using? What remote are you using? What version number is shown in the app?

Nvidia Shiled 2019 the latest. I bought it around 5 months ago. I upgraded the app over the weeked. So its the latest. I guess I will uninstall this and install the released version and stop beta testing.

This remote working perfectly. I don't know what changed.

Is it only happening with that remote?

No it happens with the origianal shield remote also. When I get home later today I will uninstall and reinstall the app. Like starting all over with the released version. Maybe something got corrupted downloading and installing the last update. This same remote I use on the Fire TV Cube and the issue does not occur.

I have uninstalled the app making sure data cleared and cache was cleared. Rebooted the Shield, Reinstall the App and the behavior is the same. I can't tell if the Shiled got an update yesterday, but this is very frustrating. Don't know what to do from here.

What version number is shown inside the Channels app under Settings > Support?

Beta (110.8.2210)

Its not just the back button also, when I hold the home key for PIP mode the selected channel also not the focused one showing on the guide either

Am I SOL on this issue or what. I have completely reset my device with no success on rectifying this issue. Some combinations of setting with all the virtual and collection crap has broken my app. It would be nice to be able to downgrade the version before this one since it was working.

Did you by chance setup IR tv control within the shield settings? Can you test back button behavior after disabling all hdmi control and power CEC settings on both tv and shield. Using the original shield remote

I followed as directed with no luck. Its like the back function automaticly engages. I see it scroll up to the top of the guide while the pip goes to full screen