Backup or Rollover Channels

Is there somewhere in the settings where the system will use another one of your sources if your channel doesn't work? sometimes I get errors (or the source just doesn't have a TVE relationship with that channel) and it would be nice if it went to the next source

basically like consolidate all of my sources into 1 like voltron :grin:

If it detects a failure it is supposed to work its way down the source priority list. For example, I have TVE channels through Hulu and Philo. I also have the Frndly Docker configured next in line. Finally, I have two ADBTuner sources to go directly the the Hulu and Philo apps and pull the channels that way.

So far its has been pretty slick.

What is Frndly Docker?

Frndly TV for Channels - Playground / Custom Channels - Channels Community (getchannels.com)

Is there a way these channels or sources have to be set up for the rollover to work? I finally bought an HD Homerun, and put that as first priority, but the call letters (if that is the right term) for the channels are slightly different, so I want to make sure Channels knows that certain channels are the same as channels from other sources.

When you setup a pas you can see what Channels are eligible to record on.

1 Like

Ah, thank you. That makes sense. I checked my new channels and I think I’m good.

ahhh ok i can dig it

As long as they all have the same guide source, they are seen as the same channel. If you have disparate sources with disparate guide data, then Channels will likely see them as different feeds, and will not rollover.

1 Like