BBC Audio Cutting Out When Watching Recordings

Hi folks,

I seem to be having an issue with BBC shows (Match of the Day and Planet Earth III speicifially as they are the only BBC shows I record/ed) where when the recorded show starts the audio cuts out. I can hear the audio fine during the 'adverts' and ident before the show starts but as soon as the show starts the audio cuts out.

I've had this happen for a while with Match of the Day and I just tried to work through it since stopping the recording and restarting it usually resolved the issue but I started Planet Earth III recently and I am having the same issue with it too.

I have tried watching the same recordings through my iPhone and via website and they play without any issue.

I assume the BBC are switching audio outputs between them and it's causing some sort of issue? Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

1 Like

These are recordings via a freeview aerial?

What does View Details for one of them show on the web UI?

Happens to me also, but I attribute it to the M3U I am using.

Yep via a freeview aerial

You can try changing Settings > Playback > Advanced > Audio Driver

First, please submit diagnostics under Settings > Support immediately after the player loses audio

Just submitted diagnostics after trying it on an episode of Planet Earth III

On the Audio Driver side: 'Lab' crashes when initiating playback, 'Experimental' freezes when it gets to ident.

Also to correct myself from my first post the audio cuts out at the ident starting not the show starting. Apologies