Best settings for watching sports?

This might be a super general question, but I am wondering what you guys have found to be the best settings for getting ultra-smooth playback for mainly NFL games. Is there a setting to bump the 30fps feeds up to 60fps? Any suggestions? My clients are hardwired ATV 4k's

System specs:
Windows 2019 server
i5-7500t
32gb ram
256gb m.2
2tb drive for storage

Nothing really on the channels side. Your TV/AppleTV handles all of the post processing. I do have some recommendations on the TV/Appletv config though

Check out this thread
Only additions are set your ATV to 59.94fps at 4k SDR (ATV settings)
Experimental video driver is now the default video driver in Channels

I watch mostly the Redskin games and they are on fox which is 59.94 fps. When they are on CBS which is 29.97fps, it looks great through Channels as well. The Channels deinterlacer is awesome. They only thing that just flat out sucks is sports over TVE that have 29.97 fps content (world series on TBS). That's probably a combo of the low bit rate and the framerate together. However, ESPN over TVE looks amazing.

If you are actually around KC, all the major’s 4,5,9,19,29,38,41,and 62 broadcast in 60fps ota atsc3 hevc. So an hdhr 4k ota will provide 60fps for you.

Hopefully it is better than in my market. Atsc3 sports broadcasts have so many artifacts they aren't worth watching. Primetime looks better (not sure if they are getting the 1080p source or their upscaling is just better than consumer equipment).

Redskin games !!!!!!!
Shame Shame on you.
Commanders !!!! (Yuck)
They will be coming to take your Redskins lamp away any day now.

Lol I refuse to bow to the woke mob

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.