BETA: Art Cropper

Crop TV Show images from TMDB, Pluto and other sources to the correct aspect to make it look nicer in Channels.

10 Likes

Will checking "Apply to all recordings of this show" apply to previous imports and recordings or just recordings or imports made after?

To all existing recordings and imports. For new ones I'm not sure what will happen, it would depend on each source.

Is it now expected behavior that if we upload an image we are now forced to use the cropping tool? In other words, we can't upload a 1280x720 image at all for shows?

Yes, A 1280x720 image can't be used for show art anyways, as that's the wrong aspect.

Yes, I knew that, but when you guys added the function where it adds a blur to the top and bottom of a 1280x720 image, I was using that because then it displays nicely in the top shelf on the ATV and I kind of liked the overall look in the app itself with the blur.

It's sometimes hard to find a correct aspect image for some of my shows, whereas it's very easy to find the 1280x720 for everything.

The latest pre-release will now offer cropping when managing art from other places like when adding art for a Library Collection.

This is resolved with the latest pre-release. It now has an option to save without crop.

2 Likes

Thanks!

So, I updated to this release in the DVR but now when I go to upload an image, I don't get the checkbox to select to apply to all images and when I try to upload an image, nothing happens now.

I do like the new little upload icon that shows on the page. (at least it looks new to me) :grinning:

1 Like

Fixed in the latest pre-release:

1 Like