BETA: Audio improvements for Apple TV and iPhone/iPad

Done.

Thanks. I do see a big difference in your diagnostics compared to mine with the Minis. I guess the OG actually uses AirPlay1, and maybe that's why they discontinued it.

When you pause, does the audio pause right away?

I just submitted another round of diagnostics which shows the freezing.

The audio pausing seems to fluctuate depending upon how long I've been watching a channel.

How so? If you've been watching for not very long, it takes a long time for the pause to take effect?

But sometimes it happens right away?

Please try with v2021.11.11.0209 once its available

See:

1 Like

If I've only watched the channel for a brief time, the pause takes effect quickly. If longer, it take significantly longer to pause.

1 Like

I see the same thing with my OG HomePods. The longer you are watching the channel the longer the sound keeps playing when you pause or exit the channel.

So no change with the new TestFlight build?

I think this might have solved it. I’ll keep an eye (and ear) on it and report back either way.

1 Like

Overall the experimental audio seems to be working much better. One issue I’m seeing since switching to the experimental audio driver is some random pauses (I have to unpause with the remote) when transitioning in between commercials and between commercials and the show. It has been most notable in the Monday Night Football Manningcast on ESPN2 tonight happening on almost every commercial break. I have only noticed it when using my AirPod Pros with Spatial Audio on. Thanks.

Can I get a diagnostics after this happens

Thanks for the reply. Just happened twice in the most recent commercial break.

f41540f5-cc3d-466c-bd6e-3d0792a1f02a

FWIW, I am also noticing it without the AirPods now as well.

I need diagnostics from the client app where it happens

The latest build (11.16.2316) is worse than ever. The audio and video are completely out of sync.

This is fixed in the latest testflight build.

1 Like

Damn. I tested the hell out of that one with HomePod Minis and AirPods. I guess I broke something for the HomePod OG... I have an idea of what it could be. Can you submit diagnostics?

Just submitted.

Tested - all fixed!

1 Like