BETA: Audio improvements for Apple TV and iPhone/iPad

So no change with the new TestFlight build?

I think this might have solved it. I’ll keep an eye (and ear) on it and report back either way.

1 Like

Overall the experimental audio seems to be working much better. One issue I’m seeing since switching to the experimental audio driver is some random pauses (I have to unpause with the remote) when transitioning in between commercials and between commercials and the show. It has been most notable in the Monday Night Football Manningcast on ESPN2 tonight happening on almost every commercial break. I have only noticed it when using my AirPod Pros with Spatial Audio on. Thanks.

Can I get a diagnostics after this happens

Thanks for the reply. Just happened twice in the most recent commercial break.

f41540f5-cc3d-466c-bd6e-3d0792a1f02a

FWIW, I am also noticing it without the AirPods now as well.

I need diagnostics from the client app where it happens

The latest build (11.16.2316) is worse than ever. The audio and video are completely out of sync.

This is fixed in the latest testflight build.

1 Like

Damn. I tested the hell out of that one with HomePod Minis and AirPods. I guess I broke something for the HomePod OG... I have an idea of what it could be. Can you submit diagnostics?

Just submitted.

Tested - all fixed!

1 Like

Try this one:

Nope. Worse than ever. Audio was off by a full two seconds; cut in-and-out, then disappeared entirely. Submitted diagnostics.

Yea, this one is really bad. Audio delay progressively gets worse. Have to rewind to resynch and then it happens again.

My HomePods aren’t setup right now and the experimental audio was turned on using the tv speakers and they were having these same issues as well.

Same here.

Try this one:

Lag is much much better.

That solved my lag problem with OG HomePods. Thanks for helping solve this at such a late hour EST.

1 Like