BETA: Audio improvements for Apple TV and iPhone/iPad

The latest build (11.16.2316) is worse than ever. The audio and video are completely out of sync.

This is fixed in the latest testflight build.

1 Like

Damn. I tested the hell out of that one with HomePod Minis and AirPods. I guess I broke something for the HomePod OG... I have an idea of what it could be. Can you submit diagnostics?

Just submitted.

Tested - all fixed!

1 Like

Try this one:

Nope. Worse than ever. Audio was off by a full two seconds; cut in-and-out, then disappeared entirely. Submitted diagnostics.

Yea, this one is really bad. Audio delay progressively gets worse. Have to rewind to resynch and then it happens again.

My HomePods aren’t setup right now and the experimental audio was turned on using the tv speakers and they were having these same issues as well.

Same here.

Try this one:

Lag is much much better.

That solved my lag problem with OG HomePods. Thanks for helping solve this at such a late hour EST.

1 Like

Getting distorted audio in the newest beta now. Diagnostics submitted. Thanks.

Try this one:

Better?

If you have AppleTV audio routed to a stereo pair of homePods it is a direct wifi link, I think what you call AWDL.

Yes sir, much better. Thanks.

1 Like

Newest beta on TVOS has really bad audio breakups on experimental audio on ATSC3. Diags sent.

OG HomePods set up as stereo pair. Running server version 2021.11.19.2040 and tvOS version 2021 (11.20.19). After watching live or recorded tv for about 30 seconds, there's terrible jitter on the experimental audio driver.

Logs have been submitted as b34752cf-0bc9-4558-94be-22c7fa38ceb5 .