BETA: Automatically Skip Commercials

Based on your response, I think we are on the same page. When the cursor is in the last commercial segment, the non-beta version allows the double tap to skip to the end. I know why you would disable the auto-skip in this section of the recording, but it seems like you would still allow manual double tap to skip if the user wishes just like we can focus in non-beta.

Okay, I understand what you're saying but the problem is if you pick up the remote and double-click without looking at the timeline first, you can end up accidentally closing out the player which is a really terrible experience.

Hopefully as we start to roll out improvements to the commercial detection this won't matter anymore.

Not sure if this has already been reported, or if possibly it is by design, but ...

I use a Harmony remote. Commercial skip works great first time through, but if I rewind back to an earlier part of the show, commercial skip does not happen when it gets to the commercial breaks.

@tmm1

That is by design. It allows you to rewind and watch something that was skipped incorrectly without automatically skipping it again.

1 Like

Finally loaded the Beta to my FireTV from my phone via apps2fire.

I've watched a couple of shows with the beta. If I manually skip within the show or turn off the auto skip and double tap through commercials, it takes a long time (2-5 seconds compared to instantly) to start playing again compared to the non-beta. Occasionally it starts up instantly, but not often.

It's a great feature, but the delay makes it worse than manual double-tap.

Doug

Could not find its own thread, so adding here. Been using the Skip Commercial button on BETA. Challenge comes in when it skips too far ahead (commercial markers are off). Then I need to back up. I click back (with Apple TV remote), then the skip commercial button appears again, and if I try to go back any further then is skips forward again as I have hit the skip commercial button again inadvertently. This is a vicious loop that cannot be broken unless I pause and scrub to where I need to be.

@Phillip The issue you described is fixed in the newest beta.

Awesome thanks for the quick response. I will test it out.