BETA: Automatically Skip Commercials

Ok, I just submitted logs (3 by accident) - the issue occurred while watching Whiskey Cavalier on ABC around 12:14am.

Let me know if you need anything further. I will submit more logs during the next commercial break if it occurs again in case that helps.

We are watching Project Blue Book right now. The first channel break skipped automatically just fine.

The second one did not. Again, I hit pause then play and it skips. I submitted logs again from the App.

A new player beta is available for both Apple and Android:

• FIXED: Commercial skip markers were misaligned causing 1-2s of content to be missed.
  • FIXED: Automatic commercial skip could be jarring due to misaligned markers.
  • FIXED: On Android, Automatic commercial skip would only work for the first commercial.

Thanks! I updated the app earlier and it seems to be working well now.

As a side note, I noticed that now when the commercial skips the timeline pops up briefly. I like that as a method to see where we are in the show and that it's skipping properly.

I just noticed that I was removed as a beta tester by the developer?

Last night I watched a couple TV episodes from NBC recorded 2/27, using the latest aTV Beta. All the auto commercial skips started a little early (~2seconds) before the show was actually going to commercial. It seemed to return at the correct time.

You mention markers were off a couple seconds, is what Iā€™m seeing, a function of an earlier DVR version (I believe these were recorded with your first release of commercial detection improvements).

Occasionally after an autoskip it gets jerky, and it happened on both my Shield and AppleTV. They're both hardwired.

I just submitted diagnostics where it got jerky right after an auto-skip on my ATV4K.

I noticed today when we went to watch one of our recordings that the video was showing a solid purple line with no cuts. I went into the web UI and selected it to cut them again and the entire video was checked. I re-did the cuts, hit save but it's not saving. It acts like it is, but it isn't.

Out of curiosity I looked at the 4 other recordings I haven't manipulated yet and all of them are now showing no commercial cuts. However, one recording that we were mid watching from a few days ago does still show the cuts. It seems to only be the ones I have manually cut and saved.

Can you update to latest and try again?

I had to step out for a bit and just got a chance to try it again after updating.

It seems to be working fine now. Thanks!

I also have been removed from the tvos beta I also do not have an iphone or ipad, would love to beta test this feature so is there any chance i could be reinvited please.

For some reason, I was removed from the beta testing program. I am curious as to why that happened? Nevermind, figured out what to do, LOL!

Mark

So when will this feature make it to final release?

I just tried it tonight while watching the second episode of American Idol, but the skipping was way off. At one point it shipped ahead while a contestant was talking to the camera. I need to read back through this thread to see how to tweak it.