Beta: Big internal layout changes on tvOS/iOS

Hey everyone, we've been working on a lot of under the hood changes with how the app works. How it is laid out, and how views are navigated to and from.

Ideally you shouldn't notice anything, but the changes are big and touch almost every part of the app, so we wanted to open a topic to have somewhere for you to report any bugs or bad things you might come across.

So, if you see anything working in a way it didn't used to, please report it here.

Thanks!

5 Likes

So far, things seem the same to me, though i do not use some of the more complex features of channels (collections, local media)

Care to elaborate on "big internal changes to layout"?
Is that just some code clean up and housekeeping?
Or something, more, Perhaps in preparation for some new upcoming things?
:upside_down_face:

3 posts were split to a new topic: Server crash tuning M3U (2024.03.26.0700)

I am intrigued as well. Some other visual changes coming? Functional changes? It's funny because Channels works really well for me in general and I don't run into many issues so sometimes I get bored and would love to see new features added that would apply to how I use the app and server.

There is one thing @maddox - I am not sure if this changed a while ago and I just never noticed or I think this was available and it really never was - I thought in the tvOS app you could select an episode, let's say episode 10 and you would have the option to mark all previous episodes as watched? Am I thinking of some other app?

1 Like

This was recently removed as it was causing some confusion.

1 Like

Fair enough. I don't use it that often, but it was convienent when I needed it.