BETA: Channels DVR Server for Raspberry Pi 4 (USB BOOT IMAGE)

I think the fix only kicked in after recreating share with this version, so if you reboot again it should mount cleanly. I hope so anyway.

No still have to recreate share after each reboot i tried 3 times. This is not a big issue for me I have to only 1 share to recreate after rebooting all imports are in sub directories under that. And hopefully the idea of a stand alone dvr server is not having to reboot all the time. Thanks again.

Can you try OS 2020.1105.1714 (requires click and hold) to see if the shares work after reboot.

I'll add a reconnect button next so atleast you don't have to remove/readd

Did the click and hold as usual shows up to date at os 2020.1104.2314 and software 2020.1105.0135. Did another reboot with same result so I sent logs.

1 Like

Okay I'm fairly confident the share mounting is fixed in OS 2020.1105.2116

It will now correctly wait for the network to come up before mounting, but then also is set up to automount on access attempts in case there is a network disconnect or other issue the first time.

On the reboot to update, the share restored fine. Then I rebooted 2 more times both times the share failed to restore on reboot and I had to set back up. Sending logs.

The share eventually restores itself just popped up in about 7 minutes from reboot.

1 Like

Have been looking into this, and it appears likely related to the exfat driver being used which is not particularly performant. See this old post, for example.

I have a new OS build which updates to a modern kernel driver which should be much much better.

Can you give it a try? Over ssh:

distro-upgrade 2020.1106.0419
systemctl reboot

It should be seamless, but in-case you have problems you can rollback:

distro-upgrade 2020.1105.2116 && systemctl reboot

1 Like

Up and running - I'll try to watch an in-progress recording today or tomorrow to verify.

1 Like

When trying to set the DVR to a different drive then the boot drive i get the Error: no write permission on dvr directory. This happens when I check the check box next to Enable DVR. Tried with 3 different drives all freshly formated NTFS with the same result. My goal is to set it to boot up on a small ssd drive and have the dvr on a larger usb3 drive.

Please submit diagnostics if you haven't already

Ok just submitted.

Okay OS 2020.1106.1456 is available with the new exfat driver and the ntfs fix.

Now getting read only error. Submitted logs

1 Like

NTFS read/write fixed in OS 2020.1106.1657

Its now working fine with the 60gb ssd drive listed above as the boot drive and a 6tb WD Elements usb3 drive as the DVR. Thanks again.

1 Like

I "migrated" from my wife's MacMini to the Pi. So far - it seems fine - but the biggest complaint i get is from my kids. They access it over the internet to watch local football games and it's basically unwatchable for them. I have Gig internet so fairly certain that it's not a speed issue.

Locally - skipping forward/backward seems to take more time than it did before. It was really responsive before - now i need to be patient.

David

Are you on the latest image? I found the newer driver really helps this - it's pretty instantaneous.
I found stacking several FFs/REWs would slow it down prior, and this got much better in a last version.

1 Like

As soon as my recording this morning is finished - I plan to update.

I setup my Pi before this was an option, which I'm fine with. Is the dvr server for this version essentially the same as the stand alone? I know some special items were added for management of this version from reading through the thread.