BETA: Chrome Capture for Channels

Update: So I can associate the variable of the click (dtv channel) - provides four digit channels name stream, it pulls that data as a variable and I can also click in the area where dtvstream guide is so I can paste that value into the field and click stream. However, it clicks before page loads and I havent found a way to have it click the page after it loads.

I don't really know much about Macs, either. I just took what other people posted here and added it to the directions. I'm much more comfortable in Windows, with Docker than Linux being my next levels down.

I'm just a user, too, putting something together to try to help other users.

Puffer won't work out of the box because there are no direct links to the streams, which is an A-prime requirement as noted many times above. I had previously done a sniffer test myself to see if I could find one for Puffer, and the answer is that is not how Puffer works. For CC4C to be a viable solution with it, you'd need an intermediary macro that does a bunch of steps (Login {Every single time requirement}, dismiss all popups, click on correct stream, full screen).

I am working on this, my biggest obstacle is clicking on anything with the current code it seems to let me click, but only before the page loads, not after. Also, with puffer, You only need tabs, not clicks.

I demoed using another macro

1 Like

Also, isn't there a maximum number of users at one particular time? That would certainly be an issue.

Yes I think you can only use puffer one stream at a time

I believe you mean this:

1 Like

Hopefully you'll get this going, as the more options we have for a given streaming source the better. :slight_smile: In the meantime, if anyone is anxious to deploy using DTVStream as the source -- we've had this working for a number of months in the ah4c project (HDMI encoder required, multi-port recommended).

Tuning is not lightning fast, but the process is rock-solid. Re-tuning the last channel used (within 4 hours) is immediate, and you can switch back-and-forth between two channels without re-tuning (great for keeping track of two sports events).

2 Likes

Yeah definitely less pressure for gpu/cpu to render the streams, but dtvstream likely only better for the random channels tve doesnt support. if tve ends then it will be even more imporant to use the hdmi method.

EDIT: Finally got it to click the correct location of directv stream!

It takes 16 seconds to get there, if just needs station (ESPN, espn2), and one more click

It accepts input now , but still can't associate my variable (channel name) with the input yet.

UPDATE: we are in the end game, it just needs one more click to work, then we need a channels database

The moment you have all been waiting for, has arrived, sadly android tv devices don't work with this method, as their streams are different.

Right now I have a method, the channel I assign for dtv, will correspond to the value I set. This works for android phones/emulator/pc, but does not work for android tv devices (perhaps not firestick/appletv)

Devs.. Where are the streams for androidtv located?

It goes to this folder, finds the latest stream, and truncates the first 2 letters and corresponds 9506 to ESPN, this can be changed later. I would like to add all the channels, but cannot finish until I can figure out where androidtv streams go to.

1 Like

No folders are created for client streams at home. You have to hook into the http request to know what to tune.

What identifiers are available in txt files etc that the puppeteer can read to know what channel is tuned, this information is used to find the data and make the channel tune properly. There has to be something that I can use to pull this request from. Preferably a txt file or other file/folder.

The http request won't work, the website loads the same for each channel, directv is only one website. I finally got it working, but there has to be something that will let it work at home!

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="ESPN",ESPN
chrome://localhost:5589/stream?url=http://stream.directv.com/guide
#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="ESPN2",ESPN2
chrome://localhost:5589/stream?url=http://stream.directv.com/guide

Pass in whatever else you want, like ?ch=ESPN&url=...

In the js see how it's accessing .url and access .ch

What do you mean?

chrome://localhost:5589/stream?ESPN&url=http://stream.directv.com/guide

All I need is a txtfile or folder to execute and it will work 100%

Is there no way to add this?

Just something like Running channel 7105 and it creates a text tile, or easier just make a txt file in the stream folder called the channel, ie ch-7105.txt .

I don't mind sharing my current code if you can perfect it. I will note, DirecTV is quite slow to load, but it is what it is.

Also my android phone connects at home and works fine with this method

It should be a super easy coding job for the channels staff. It would go a long way and this new method should help those who are using other streaming networks as well that have a similar UI to dtvstream

Nice to see that coming together. Hopefully, a blueprint from that will make it work with Prime channels too (and VIX) and then just like that this tool will be up to par with HDMI/ah4c/adbtuner

We are just waiting on tmm1 to make my suggestions for it to work. I would love to see Hulu support for movies, it would be too hard to implement for tv at the moment, but movies would be great, it pulls a list of movies on Hulu, runs a script and loads.them.through PC which may or may not have adblock on

1 Like

For Hulu shows/movies, I think PlayOn would be a good option for that. Either that or Anystream or Streamfab

Hulu live tv channels already work well with CC4C

@Jean0987654321, I didn't think Hulu Live TV was able to work with CC4C?

Read the earlierposts in this thread. You just need the hulu urls in order for it to work

Tmm1 is there no other identifiers that will work that you can code as suggested?

Update:

I can load stream.directv.com/guide/?ch=ESPN

It shows it's incorrect and reloads, but the js might be able to pick it up. Sadly it will add another half second to the load time, but should work.

Having some issues getting it up and running in channels.

I used babsonnexus instructions to troubleshoot, but it did not solve the issue: BETA: Chrome Capture for Channels - #130 by babsonnexus

1. I am on a Linux (Ubuntu) machine
  2. I have Node v20.8.0 running
  3. I am able to create a custom channel

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="Bravo",Bravo
chrome://xxx.xxx.xx.xxx:5589/stream/bravo

1. I can launch the links in a browser.
  2. I CANNOT launch the links in Channels. It appears that there is no connection occuring. There is no indication of an error or that data is being streamed.

Any help is appreciated.