BETA: Chrome Capture for Channels

Has anyone who subscribes to MAX had any luck with Chrome Capture for CNN Max, which launched today on MAX as a live channel? I haven't had any luck yet.

In regard to this, I have issues rendering the channels in the same windows pc server, so its likely not the network, right?

It would probably work if you did what I was talking about with puppeteer to use macros to open the stream.

Good point. Not sure what else to add? Anyone else running CC4C on the same machine as the Channels server, have any suggestions?

I don't mind a little quality drop, could I get away with just doing 720p or lower bitrate?

I've made a little progress, I can get the video link to play on the capture screen which knows I'm logged in to Max, but I have to paste the link manually into url bar. It won't open using my chrome capture M3U using url=https://play.max.com/video/watch/a14b82c7-2b81-59..etc etc.. Philo links work fine using the same method.

I was able to do that modification. It worked well but only after making chrome run at realtime priority. Is there a way to make chrome always run at realtime?

I am using 1440p monitor as well and it still has bars

Can we not just crop manually? I set max bw to 5.5 mbit but its still using 8mbit

You'll probably have to set the display to 1080p to avoid or...buy the dummy plug

1 Like

If I click f11 it works, tried to get pupeteet to accept f11, but it wouldnt

Added this and it works.. Basically simulates hitting F11.

// Trigger fullscreen mode using the Fullscreen API
      document.documentElement.requestFullscreen(); // Pink highlight here

Can you guys help me add the guide data properly? I appreciate your help

NBC CC4C question. I mainly use Spectrum, but have to use NBC for E! and some other channels. I still see random freezes when audio continues. Anyone else seeing this? Anyone found a fix? Is it just an NBC problem? More questions than answers. FYI, the chrome browser appears to freeze when this happens. Sometimes, a movie on E! will play flawlessly for hours.

Thanks!

Well I know spectrum freezes often on Roku and on browser

I use Spectrum for other channels such as WX and Golf. Don’t see any issues. Just NBC.

Your spectrum never buffer wheels? (A wheel that says buffering) or quality going back and forth?

Never. Use the app on IPhone and IPad as well as Apple TV.

Strange, chrome seems to have the issue for me from time to time. I didn't have as much issues on the android app.

In good news, I may have figured out how to make directvstream work in CC4C! The bad news is there is only a main.js. Not sure how to utillize other .js for channels. Each channel will need its own script to work (mouse movements) can mouse movements and mouse wheel scrolls be allowed in channels? Devs???

Also, my Spectrum tv app will log out when I am away after just a few days, does that happen for you all?

1 Like

I don't believe that there is a guide for CNN MAX yet, you could try using the CNNI (CNN International) EPG as a lot, but not all of the schedule matches. CNNI's guide can be found with in almost any cable guide.

1 Like

Has any one got the nvidia graphic card working in docker with cc4c.

1 Like

CC4C / Channels not 'releasing' active streams -

Has anyone seen the following with 'maximum number of streams'? Apparently, Spectrum limits the number of concurrent streams to 3. So on my MacBook (not CC4C box), I'm able to open 3 streams in 3 tabs. Upon trying to open the 4th stream I get the Spectrum maximum streams message. I can then close all streaming tabs and IMMEDIATELY open 3 more streaming channels no problem.

However, when using CC4C (separate Windows computer) through my Apple TV client and Channels v2023.09.27.0340, I can play and then exit 3 different channels in succession, but cannot open the 4th channel even though the prior are no longer playing. It is as if either the Chrome Capture computer or Channels DVR is not releasing the stream from Spectrum even though I do not see it playing in the Chrome tab. I have to wait a number of minutes to be able to play another channel. As stated above, no problem on my laptop. Is this something the developers need to look at? Anyone else experience this?

1 Like

So I have made some progress on getting Directvstream working!

My problem is linking current stream with a value , that value can then be pasted in the search bar and clicked through puppeteer to play. I need to correspond "channels dvr channel number" with a value ie

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="9506" tvg-id="9506" tvg-chno="9506" tvg-logo="" tvc-guide-stationid="" tvg-name="ESPN" group-title="HD",ESPN
http://localhost:8089/devices/M3U-DTVStream/channels/9506/hls/master.m3u8?

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="9507" tvg-id="9507" tvg-chno="9507" tvg-logo="" tvc-guide-stationid="" tvg-name="ESPN2" group-title="HD",ESPN2
http://localhost:8089/devices/M3U-DTVStream/channels/9507/hls/master.m3u8?

9506 would be the value phrase "ESPN" that can be entered in search bar, and later clicked by puppeteer, but I need to somehow know what stream is being opened, since they share the same URL. is there a way to find the current master.m3u8 on the pc itself and find it in the metadata?

If I test it in vlc, it opens the stream whenever I load an m3u8?, but I cant test what is the current open stream

Why does the m3u8? not appear in this folder?

I opened this stream around 8:08 CST 9/29. If I can scrub the time I opened it from the metadata, I can get the proper channel name and use that data in my code to put that in the directv searchbar and click the stream from pupeteeer.

I figured that out too now!

1 Like