BETA: Chrome Capture for Channels

The CC4C and Channels servers are running different boxes.

And the IP in custom channels is pointing to the box that CC4C is running.
And if you are not making changes to the js file, then you don't need Node running. Just have the arm64 file running.

Yes, the are pointing to the correct box. Where is the arm64 file you are referencing? I don't see one in the chrome-capture-for-channels folder.

1 Like

That is not going to work as I running and older amd64 machine. I totally blanked.

Might have to just do the HDMI/adbtuner option.

Not really a solution for me. It doesn't work with Sling and I not in the market to buy any additional software. I will look to build a .deb package from the source code if need be.

1 Like

Is there any plans on creating a .deb package for us Ubuntu users?

1 Like

Actually...it does work with Sling

If you still want to use this tool, I'd recommend using the docker container on your Linux system instead.

1 Like

DirecTV stream is working, I am working on puffer now

Sadly DirecTVstream takes a few seconds to load

Got it working. It was the firewall blocking the browser. Now to fix the pesky login. Any suggestions on how to login into your provider in docker?

I know you said you got it working by fixing a firewall issue, but just in case someone else is saying this I want to point this out:

Not being able to use the built-in stations does not seem uncommon among non-Windows/Mac machines. Too many variables as to why that might be considering the plethora of system configuration available.

Covered above:

Sounds like something another user would have to create.

I have been following this thread since June, there are several people who have posted that Hulu won't work. I tried a couple of urls for Hulu, and when CC4C tries to tune the channel, it lands on a menu page and not the live stream. Anyone have a url example, didn't seem to find one in this thread? I have Hulu working for the ADBTuner, but I only have one encoder, so before I purchase more hardware I was curious if it was working with CC4C. I had been using Fubo as the source for CC4C, which worked flawlessly. But, with the regular baseball season wrapping up, I've moved to Hulu.

If it won't work my method for directv should work (see above)

What are the modifications you have made

Several! I haven't finished adding all the channels yet, and I want to finish the puffer stanford free cali tv channels first before releasing it.

I had Hulu working in ADBTuner. Like for Vice, I had the following url

https://www.hulu.com/watch/vice-bde4af8e-b348-448f-a580-a7ea6e5d4dc4

Not sure if it still works as I moved to YTTV.. But the key word was WATCH in the URL

@krazijoe, yep those are the type of Hulu urls I have working in ADBTuner, changing "network" to "watch". But, neither url works in CC4C. I guess I'll look to add resources to my ADBTuner setup, unless someone can give a further hint on Hulu CC4C?

Thanks for the assist @babsonnexus, I am now 95% there. I was able to force fullscreen thanks to @doug8796 !!! My only remaining main issue is that I cannot get audio for the virtual channels generated by CC4C when in VLC or Sparkle TV on Android TV. I do get audio when using the Channels app though. Any thoughts @tmm1?

Thanks,

I have almost got puffer working, with sound. I don't think I will release the code for it though, as supposedly only 500 people can watch stanford's test stream puffer at once. If we all could make it work on channels, it could be a problem.

I will release the code for directvstream, and free channels from youtube like aljazeera and france24

1 Like