BETA: Chrome Capture for Channels

All it needs is a certain number of tabs presses and enter presses to work. If a script/macro can be allowed this will be possible.

1 Like

Dev's please check this thread out. I have made a proof of concept of the stanford tv stations and PC DirecTV stream (without HDMI). Let me know if we can make this more efficient than I already did, it's just a proof of concept. Each channel is executed with a pre-recorded macro.

I was wondering if anyone has used this to create an m3u file for something other than channels-dvr. My current setup is in docker. Then setup channels-dvr. Then i use the m3u generated by channels-dvr into my emby server, works good. So, i decided to try and make my own m3u file and use that instead of the channels m3u. I have the m3u point straight to the cc4c docker and the logs look like it got the request for the channel and sometimes starts up the stream in the docker. But it never tunes in on the emby server.
Here is a sample of a channel in the m3u file. I have tried both.

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="9002" tvg-id="9002" tvg-chno="9002" tvg-logo="" tvc-guide-stationid="" tvg-name="NBC News Now" group-title="HD",NBC News Now
http://192.168.1.100:5589/stream?url=https://www.nbc.com/live?brand=nbc-news&callsign=nbcnews

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="9002" tvg-id="9002" tvg-chno="9002" tvg-logo="" tvc-guide-stationid="" tvg-name="NBC News Now" group-title="HD",NBC News Now
http://192.168.1.100:5589/stream/nbcnews

1 Like

You don't really need to do that for that channel. Just use the kister method
https://kister.net/mpl/yt2m3u8?w=CPQppogmjYs

2 Likes

Forgot to add that I am using this to get all my nbc stations that I lost when nbc changed. This is just an example of the way I wrote m3u.

Ah...ok. I don't have an issue using CC4C in JF when using this. Are you using Threadfin as a middleman?

No. Everything works when channels is in the middle. But when I try and go straight from emby to cc4c it trys to load but then fails. But the logs show the request for the channel and sometimes even the stream opens up in the tab on cc4c. I didn't think I would need a middleman.

Apparently this is possible in python,should be easy to make a gui took to tell it where to click and how many tabs if necessary!

OK So I tried this on an all in one PC that I have. I don't have any of the issues that I had with the mac but the screen res is limited to 1920 x 1080 so I have the black border. If I get an HDMI dummy plug and set the res larger than 1920 and drag chrome over there would that solve the problem? (I use VNC to connect to the AIO machine)

Edit never mind the windows machine freezes too. Kinda feels like this is a really early science project.

2 Likes

I would think if you're planning to extend this project to include such automations, you might want to consider using Puppeteer as that's one of the components used in the creation of this extension. It's apparently very capable of automating tasks as you've described:

3 Likes

I believe there are issues with the NBC source. I had freezing as well. After changing them over to Fubo links, I've not had any freezing issues.

Not sure I understand this programming language

1 Like

Thanks, no more digging through Zap2It to find station ids.

Sorry if this has been answered already, I did a search and this was the only post that referenced NFL Sunday Ticket. Can this be used to push NFL Sunday Ticket into Chromecast?

Absolutely can be used for Sunday ticket. There's a post on the forums that gives the links and gracenote info somewhere around here as well.

Can this be used with on demand content in place of streamlinks so the content plays through the channels app?

Trying to rig up a solution where my SO can watch Disney Plus content while they are overseas. Realize it would be a lot of manual intervention but wanted to see if it would work.

I was thinking of this too, except for Hulu (ad tier), but use an ad blocker on pc

I think you'll find the PlayOn Cloud integration with Channels is the best way to accomplish what you're after. Set up the recording using the PlayOn Cloud app and your desired content provider, and when the recording is finished it'll automatically download to your Channels DVR. It's super slick.

Yes here's the thread

Thanks, got it all mapped out. Of course, xteve decided to crap out on me so now trying to reinstall that before I can test the multiple streams using chrome.