BETA: Chrome Capture for Channels

I figured it out. Almos done making it work

Just need to send renamedfolder variable to search bar in directv stream and click the stream and its done!

I experienced something similar. Occurred mostly when I was testing things and was opening lots of different channels one at a time though. I'd get the maximum number of streams even though none were actively streaming. Usually got frustrated and gave up at that point, but it just started working again sometime later.

1 Like

I set up a Beelink Ryzen 7 5800H 32GB as a separate CC4C box for $339. It seems to be working great. Lots of CPU and GPU horsepower in that small box. Anyone that has one, @Jim_FL, @augie0041, @Absenm, I'd like to know how they are holding up? My concern is longevity. I'm thinking I may be better off returning and building a desktop with Ryzen 7 5700G, which is very similar and slightly more powerful (both appear to be perfect low power CPU/GPU combination for CC4C). I can build 5700G box for around the same cost with parts from Microcenter (I have a spare case and M.2 SSD). Less proprietary and easier to replace a fan, power supply, or other component in the future if needed. With the Beelink, you are pretty much locked in. I know some have had success using a separate GPU card (and I get that if you already had it on hand), but a lot of those draw a lot of power when idle, some more than others (CC4C running all the time), unlike these specific Ryzen CPUs which have decent built-in GPU. I've always been an Intel fan, but these Ryzen's with GPU seem to be a good, low-power solution for this project if you have to buy new.

Mine had been flawless since installing. Only gripe is NBC site content video pauses at times. The PC runs cool and quiet.

Directvstream works better.

I am using a MacMini for my CC4C and it works great.

cpubenchmark.net is a great tool to compare CPUs single and multi thread ratings. I'm a bit of a hardware geek and would love to build a table of data points based on what's been reported in this forum as to the best low-cost workable solutions for CC4C.

@arwrite, Cool idea. I'm running an i7-8700 with a GTX1050 GPU on a dedicated machine, and can easily record 4 streams. CC4C has been nearly flawless the past 3 months, with Fubo as a source. During sporting events you can detect a slight judder every so often. So, it's not quite perfect.

2 Likes

I don't experience this any longer. I tested the bitrate of directv and spectrum and found 5.65mbit works great. I modified the .js file. 8 mbit is overkill.

1 Like

Just wanted to let everyone know I was using a display port headless adapter at 1920x1080 (no black bars), but it would only go to 30Hz. So I just got a new one from Amazon that does same resolution but allows 60Hz display to be selected. Huge Difference! Eliminated very slight judder in picture, especially when panning. The one I bought on Amazon for about $6 can be found by searching Amazon for B0BTP1GBL5. It has brand name 'Furjosta'. They also have an HDMI version for about $3.

2 Likes

Just want to say that I have been following your progress with trying to make this work with DTV[Stream] and commend you for your efforts. Are you using the macros to simulate the webpage clicks or have you figured out another, more efficient, way? I'm excited to get a way to get CC4C to work with DTV.

2 Likes

Yes, Spectrum is working great, but I keep having to log in after a period of non-use. Anyone know what is causing this or have a fix for it? My M3U is set up with TMSID links like this:
chrome://192.168.2.9:5589/stream?url=https://watch.spectrum.net/livetv?tmsid=58780

I am very close to finishing it. I just have to simulate 2 clicks and one paste function. The hard part of associating channel with id is done. (Since DirecTV channels all come from same url)

1 Like

Update: So I can associate the variable of the click (dtv channel) - provides four digit channels name stream, it pulls that data as a variable and I can also click in the area where dtvstream guide is so I can paste that value into the field and click stream. However, it clicks before page loads and I havent found a way to have it click the page after it loads.

I don't really know much about Macs, either. I just took what other people posted here and added it to the directions. I'm much more comfortable in Windows, with Docker than Linux being my next levels down.

I'm just a user, too, putting something together to try to help other users.

Puffer won't work out of the box because there are no direct links to the streams, which is an A-prime requirement as noted many times above. I had previously done a sniffer test myself to see if I could find one for Puffer, and the answer is that is not how Puffer works. For CC4C to be a viable solution with it, you'd need an intermediary macro that does a bunch of steps (Login {Every single time requirement}, dismiss all popups, click on correct stream, full screen).

I am working on this, my biggest obstacle is clicking on anything with the current code it seems to let me click, but only before the page loads, not after. Also, with puffer, You only need tabs, not clicks.

I demoed using another macro

1 Like

Also, isn't there a maximum number of users at one particular time? That would certainly be an issue.

Yes I think you can only use puffer one stream at a time

I believe you mean this:

1 Like

Hopefully you'll get this going, as the more options we have for a given streaming source the better. :slight_smile: In the meantime, if anyone is anxious to deploy using DTVStream as the source -- we've had this working for a number of months in the ah4c project (HDMI encoder required, multi-port recommended).

Tuning is not lightning fast, but the process is rock-solid. Re-tuning the last channel used (within 4 hours) is immediate, and you can switch back-and-forth between two channels without re-tuning (great for keeping track of two sports events).

2 Likes