BETA: Chrome Capture for Channels

Oh, this was the weirdest thing on my end. I didn't have that directory at all:

It was like it was trying to create inside system32. When I manually ran my commands, it did appear and worked perfectly, so the issue ended up being Task Scheduler! I had to check off "Run with highest privileges", and then everything ran perfectly. I'm not sure why it was unchecked, must have it it by accident at some point during testing.

YTTV is now working for me. I had to do the following:

1. Turn off hardware acceleration in Chrome and relaunch Chrome.
  2. Log into NBC app.
  3. Log into Google.
  4. Log into Spectrum app

You can't run hardware acceleration with YTTV. Still running in node mode.

FYI, build doesn't seem to work.

pkg .

[email protected]
(node:13100) [DEP0040] DeprecationWarning: The punycode module is deprecated. Please use a userland alternative instead.
(Use node --trace-deprecation ... to show where the warning was created)
node:internal/child_process:421
throw errnoException(err, 'spawn');
^

Error: spawn UNKNOWN
at ChildProcess.spawn (node:internal/child_process:421:11)
at spawn (node:child_process:761:9)
at fabricate (C:\Users\Jim\chrome-capture-for-channels\node_modules\pkg\lib-es5\fabricator.js:55:51)
at fabricateTwice (C:\Users\Jim\chrome-capture-for-channels\node_modules\pkg\lib-es5\fabricator.js:120:5)
at MultiStream._queue (C:\Users\Jim\chrome-capture-for-channels\node_modules\pkg\lib-es5\producer.js:271:68)
at MultiStream._next (C:\Users\Jim\chrome-capture-for-channels\node_modules\multistream\index.js:86:12)
at Meter.onEnd (C:\Users\Jim\chrome-capture-for-channels\node_modules\multistream\index.js:129:12)
at Object.onceWrapper (node:events:629:28)
at Meter.emit (node:events:515:28)
at endReadableNT (node:internal/streams/readable:1409:12) {
errno: -4094,
code: 'UNKNOWN',
syscall: 'spawn'

You need an older node for some reason. I regret writing this in node.

i've think i got this setup, but still having issues.

the windy & weather channels wont tune from CDVR server guide, but they do open in the Windows browser on the CC4C windows machine. but they just keep opening new browser tabs there.
and YTTV won't tune. it keeps telling me my browser is not secure. but i can open nbc.com in normal Chrome there fine, but not from any of the CC4C browser tabs.

i've tried Chrome version 114 and 118 with the same secure browser error.

Node-lts tend to work for me so there's that option

See:

See:

Any suggestions on how to get around this? I tried installing the new punnycode...but it still has the same error. Which version did you use?
I could leave this as is, but trying to clean it up.
Thanks.

1 Like

I have had the "unsecure browser" warning one time, with Fubo as the source. To clear it, I unplugged my HDMI headless adapter and plugged in an actual monitor, thinking it was an HDCP error. Correct or not, the error cleared and I have not seen it since. I did eventually replace my headless adapter with an HDCP compliant adapter. What monitor are you using on your Windows machine, an HDMI monitor? DVI? Headless adapter?

I can get Sling to work, but it gives me error messages after a while.

I also can get Sling Freestream to work, but it always starts where the show was when I copied the URL.

Are you seeing these issues?

1 Like

I haven't used freestream in a while but I didn't have that issue when using it.

I was only using it to get Zona TUDN but Samsung+ has Zona TUDN already so I could add the m3u from that and not use CC4C for that

Have been running CC4C and my DVR Server off a dedicated Win 10 (tiny 10 image 48gb ram I5 6 core only on board graphics) using the basic NBC login since that's all i have access to. System runs fast etc except still get the NBC freeze hicup etc

Today i moved all my chrome cache to a ram drive and added chrome to the graphics settings "high performance" mode and disabled the paging file 48gb ram should qualify as not needing a paging file. Well system seems much better i can swing to diff NBC stations and they start playing in seconds. stuttering and freezing have gone way down too.

Sunday Night Football will be the big test.

so I have the docker image loaded and the tuning web page opens in the viewer, but how do I access the page to complete the login?

I tried the "x.x.x.x:5589/debug?url=...." and it opened, but it did not respond to any clicks or typing. I could see in the docker log window it was accepting the movements, but still nothing happened. I also tried to open in VNC on port 5900 but it would not connect. I turned off the accelerate hardware feature also to use YTTV.

any ideas?

Just to clarify, did you follow the directions for the Portainer Stack method and not the Docker Command Line method?

Hello,

I've been trying to run Chrome Capture on a Raspberry Pi. So far, I've had limited success, as running it from source doesn't seem to work well as chromium seems to struggle with the DRM. Any suggestions? Should I try a docker method? If so, do I need any special types of containers that are compatible with my Raspberry Pi's architecture?

Thanks!

I've been testing this for a few weeks now and so glad we have options to get around Drm'd issues. I've been using a new Ryzen powered Synology NAS initially, with so many Hulu issues. I switched to a stand alone Win10 pc for the both DVR and CC4 for the last week for testing and that solved that - Hulu added perfectly, not using the NAS for anything but the media dvr storage now. Much more responsive - plus Hulu started working after a month of trying get it on the NAS.
Currently using a decent Win10 pc running both DVR & Chrome Capture. I use both Fubo & Hulu as main sources, and capturing channels like NBC, USA, NFL etc... I get a little video stuttering the sessions that are being used.
I've order one the Beelink Ryzen mini's to handle to the capturing. I've seen a few suggestions that running in a Portainer is getting better results than in Windows? Also, is it better to separate the DVR to a separate device as well? Like some feedback on the best setup moving forward....

1 Like

For NBC are we still getting freezing after 2 hrs. ? I can add a script to reload it so it can keep going

Thanks to all who built and are continually improving this. I finally was able to get a new computer to dedicate to this and, after installing, it mostly works, I am having issues.
Core I7-10700T Windows 11 PC with 32 GB of ram and NVME drive. CPU/memory usage is under 30%.

When I start watching a show, the stream might run fine for a minute on my android client and then gets worse and worse until it freezes. Same thing is observed in the Chrome window on the PC.
Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this? I used the simplified install method referenced above (awesome instructions by the way).

Had the same issue with a dedicated machine on windows. Docker install works MUCH better. If that is a machine that you are dedicating to this, i would put Ubuntu Server on it and install docker. Then install portainer and follow the instructions. Plus you will have thw ability to run other docker containers as well...

I need to make a guide to make it easier.