BETA: Chrome Capture for Channels

Tried commenting out 'disable-extensions-except' there but still won't load uBlock in Chrome.

Did you figure this out? I have a similar setup, no audio on my chrome capture channels using tivimate on firestick.

Never did. Feel like it probably has to do with the audio codec but not sure how to change it.

1 Like

Hmmm I just got lucky while messing around with a different issue on my TV.

On the firestick try disabling HDR on display output and set sound output to PCM. Reboot firestick.

2 Likes

Have you guys noticed CBS wont save login after so many days? I get booted back out. Any way around this?

just go into developer mode and look for master m3u8 copy the link. It should last for a while.

Well after doing quite a bit of research on hardware accelerating Chrome in a docker environment, I ran into some information that Xvfb will only use software acceleration, not any hardware. Does anyone have any experience with this and can corroborate or contradict this? Thanks!

Anyone have any luck with Sportsnet Pittsburgh? Clicking the 'Watch' button their homepage opens an iframe which can be accessed here.
I entered that URL in my M3U I added to Channels (chrome://localhost:5589/stream?url=https://web.attsports.brightcove.services/att/player.html?host=www.sportsnetpittsburgh.com), but the video never loads when accessing that frame directly nor do I get a prompt to login to my provider. The video loads fine when accessed through the 'Watch' button on the website (which obviously won't work for this).
Thoughts?

1 Like

Based in UK. I have a discovery plus subscription. It was easy to get it setup following the guide and straight into channels dvr. Performance is ok maybe a some buffering every 5 or so minutes (old iMac 2015 model over Wi-Fi ). I will have to tweak it but for first setup it worked well. My channels dvr server is the nvidia shield version running on Nokia 8000 streaming box. So far normally channels dvr server has run very well on single streams. I will try connecting the capture server with Ethernet to router.

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="tnt sports 1",TNT Sports
chrome://ip for machine:5589/stream?url= discovery+

The electronic programme guide is here. Is there info on how to get guides in ? It’s possible that the correct file type is available on the web (as UK set top boxes might need it). Interesting if the guide is available without subscription

https://www.discoveryplus.com/gb/epg

What channels?

Assuming the station you are looking for is "TNT Sports 1", it looks like if you search for it that it is already available for mapping from the default provider.

Follow the directions above:

(4) Map Stations
2 Likes

Interesting that the UK version of Discovery+ has a linear guide. Doesn't appear the US site has that option. Otherwise, it could have been a good way to get some of the Discovery channels that YTTV doesn't have.

I did the easy install and it was relatively easy to get things up and running. However, I'm now having a problem where the url switches (&kiosk for Grafana) are not being honored when they're embedded in the custom channel. I can open the rendering PC, add it to the open Chrome page, and it'll work fine. But when I look at the log entry for the app it shows the full url coming in and the rendered url truncates all of the & content. Looks like it includes the first ? entry but no &. Is this a case of needing to escape the & character somehow?

GET /stream?url=http://192.168.0.100:3000/d/hexCode/kitchen-dashboard?orgId=1&refresh=30s&kiosk&height=1000&width=1920

Is changed to:

finished http://192.168.0.100:3000/d/hexCode/kitchen-dashboard?orgId=1

Would an intel n100 mini pc be powerfull enough to run both the dvr server and cc4c?

I tried one of those initially and it will work for one stream but it pegs the CPU at 100% and playback is not completely smooth. Sent it back to Amazon and got a ryzen 7 5800h, much better.

I tried a Beelink Mini S12 Pro (N100, 16GB, 512GB) just for Chrome Capture for Channels (Channels DVR server is on another machine) and it struggled with a single NBC channel (I only use nbcsbayarea)

I was going to use the machine for something else, but I definitely will now.

For now I'm still using my main PC (Ryzen 7 3700X, GTX 970 lol) because it's currently reasonable to babysit the stream (the local basketball team's local broadcasts) when it asks "is Xfinity your TV provider?" and when it doesn't properly fullscreen or when it gets stuck.

I'm running a Win10 VM for only the CCFC process inside Proxmox on an older NUC with an i7-7567U. A single website is running the CPU up to 40%+. Normal CPU sits around 15% with the other VMs I have on there. I would expect the N100 to do a little better, but probably not a lot.

1 Like

My CC4C Windows box got messed up so I nuked it and started over. Installed the latest Chrome today. I'm running the exe on this dedicated Windows box. Everything working, except even though I am running 2560x1440 @ 120Hz like before, I am no longer getting full screen. Is this due to updated Chrome? Can you repost the full screen code here again or point me to it? I'm hoping this fixes my issue. Is there a way to install an older Chrome version instead? Thx

1 Like

I had a Gen9 I5 for my Channels Server/Chrom Capture machine and it struggled. I dropped $300 on eBay for a Dell OptiPlex 5080 with a Gen10 I7 and 32 GB ram and rarely have issues.

1 Like

What is a safe repository to download prior versions of Chrome? Is there a way to verify the MD5 or SHA hash?