BETA: Chrome Capture for Channels

Was this to solve the YES network mute problem? Can you elaborate on what you did to solve this?

I never got the CC4C YES channel to have sound So i just use the YES app for games and set up a double click on my remote to open the app

Can anyone help me out...I want to add a routine for a specific channel. On first load it needs to click a button before the video plays.

I'm also looking to refresh the page every x amount of minutes, click the button and then go full screen again.

channel name localnews
button name '#loadVideoBtn'

I am working on the script for cc4c. Mine works with a lot of networks now. So the deal with NBC, it gives out after how long? I was going to create a script to refresh it every x hours

I have NFL Sunday ticket (CBS) working, still need to finish puffer/standford tv, NBC, and the rest of the directv channels, but directvstream is working good, I may be able to shave 2-4 seconds off load time, it takes about 10 seconds to fully load a channel.

NBC goes 4 hours then quits. Hopefully you won't run into the problem I've seen where video will freeze up while audio continues, happens all the time on CC4C with NBC channels.

Curious how you guys found that out, what do you watch for 4 hours at once? That should be an easy fix though. I can work on it today. Is it all NBC-owned channels, or just NBC?

Stuff like the British Open golf tournament, rain delayed NASCAR races etc.

It's all channels. Let me know if you see the video freeze up issue, I see it all the time. It's about 50/50 for me whether a video will play all the way through without freezing up.

I think best strategy is to have it refresh the page about 3 hours in at the top of the hour (when commercials are on). I will test with a lower time interval and then post the code here for the 3 hours.

OK I got reload page to work, will this fix your issues I am not sure. I will have to have it run for over 3 hours to tell

I am going to work on creating a guide for the mountain West network. Did any of you guys want to help?

On working on the guide script It made me update npm/node/puppeteer and now all my code is broken.

Update: it's been fixed - NBC is really suboptimal for me though, I can do refresh script just fine, but it drops frames from time to time, it seems there is some pretty hefty drm in it.

Refresh script works , but it still dies regardless, not sure why, I didn't get any bugs. Maybe we can check the log file?

I have reviewed your posts in this thread but I do not see any code that I could try out with?

Where is a good place to upload my new node code? I added some stuff for sports that may break the rules in here so I probably shouldn't post it but I will make a video.

1 Like

Use github or gitlab

Even better...submit a PR on github and see if @tmm1 could merge it

3 Likes

we should just make a discord or something, not sure tmm1 would approve of the cbs code I made so I can get get cbs sunday ticket. not sure I can make things work for a fox sunday ticket without a lot of work, and I think it requires vpn.

It's ready for spectrum, nbc (code refreshes once at 30 min mark, we need to change it to top the hour after 4 hours), directv, themw.com

I also have a script that gets guide data from themw.com.

Where do I submit a PR

Tmm1 message me. I will submit and you can clean the code up to better standards

Has anyone played with or succeeded in getting this to work with Dish Anywhere? Since the Paramount channels are no longer part of TVE, that's the only way I have to watch them. The in-law is missing her Daily Show recordings :laughing:

It seems like they do it all in frames or some JavaScript nonsense. I can't find any way to get a working channel-specific link to pipe into CC4C. The links I have been able to find are tokenized :man_shrugging:

I'm not holding my breath since everyone seems to be cracking down with DRM and the like.

It works on direct stream. Show me the interface for dish

I'll use Comedy Central for my screenshots since that is the primary channel I need to try to bring in.

From the guide:

After clicking "Watch"

Is it in browser. If so should be very easy. Like my DirecTV script (see above). I made a video of it in action . Is peacock totally drm for you guys?

Tmm1, message me if you are okay cleaning up my code and making it more efficient

I figured a workaround for peacock, I have even figured how how to make a guide for the channel, but peacock is so demanding on cpu/gpu. I bet even under firesticks. We may need better pcs to handle nbc. my 7th gen i5 and 1070 struggle.

chrome-capture-for-channels is an open source project hosted on GitHub:

If you've made some changes/improvements to it that you'd like to make available to others, you should fork the project, and add your modifications there:

https://docs.github.com/en/pull-requests/collaborating-with-pull-requests/working-with-forks/fork-a-repo

From there, if you'd like the original author to consider incorporating your code into his/her version, you'd create a PR (Pull Request). However, even if the original author is no longer actively working on the project, people can begin using your fork -- if the work you've done is relevant to their needs.