BETA: Chrome Capture for Channels

CBS ticket :

Spectrum works, CBS ticket works, DirecTV Stream works, NBC works (refreshes at 30 min mark once, need to loop it every 3 hours).

Puffer works , full screen but wont let me run script before hand. My code is sloppy and needs cleaning.

Adding this arg lets peacock work, but peacock is so demanding hw wise, we have to create a script to load the live tv.
'--disable-background-networking',

I tested it on another pc. Let me know if node runs it. I have another pc with a 3060 ti, can I use channels to access it as a client and then push it out as a server if its on another pc on same network?

It seems no matter what I do I get a little buffer issues smh

Even at 480p it fails

Update:

Now I remember .. NextPVR can handle chromecapture, but channels cant for some reason. tmmm1 can we look into that?

I am working on integrating peacock this week.

It will need 4 channels as sometimes there are events that take up more than peacock provides.

If anyone has experience with xmltv let me know I have basic data I have to create a script to scrape Mountain west content and peacock convert it to proper xmltv

Will add Netflix live tv and Amazon Thursday night football after I fix peacock

Add me in discord if you want to collab

1 Like

I started playing with this today and wanted to get https://weatherstar.netbymatt.com/ working. I started with a local docker instance of weatherstar and confirmed that it worked fine in Chrome from the desktop. I also tried the live site as a test.

But using chrome capture it seems to get confused and doesn’t get the additional URL parameters passed in.

For example I tried:

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="weatherstar", WeatherStar
chrome://10.0.10.30:5589/stream?url= https://weatherstar.netbymatt.com/?hazards-checkbox=true&current-weather-checkbox=true&latest-observations-checkbox=true&hourly-checkbox=true&hourly-graph-checkbox=true&travel-checkbox=true&regional-forecast-checkbox=true&local-forecast-checkbox=true&extended-forecast-checkbox=true&almanac-checkbox=true&radar-checkbox=true&settings-wide-checkbox=true&settings-kiosk-checkbox=false&chkAutoRefresh=true&settings-speed-select=1.00&latLonQuery=29455%2C+Johns+Island%2C+SC%2C+USA&latLon=%7B%22lat%22%3A32.6834%2C%22lon%22%3A-80.0783%7D&kiosk=true

But I get nothing but the start page for the channel, with either the live url or my own docker instance.

What information can I gather to debug this?

You can't have a space after url=

There isn’t a space on the actual server - that’s a cut and paste error because I’m using my phone

you can try making it tiny with tinyurl.com/

1 Like

Weirdly the same results with TinyUrl.

you need to urlencode to escape the ? and &

Like this ?

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="weatherstar", WeatherStar
chrome://10.0.10.30:5589/stream?url=http://10.0.10.30%3A8081%2F%3Fhazards-checkbox%3Dtrue%26current-weather-checkbox%3Dtrue%26latest-observations-checkbox%3Dtrue%26hourly-checkbox%3Dtrue%26hourly-graph-checkbox%3Dtrue%26travel-checkbox%3Dtrue%26regional-forecast-checkbox%3Dtrue%26local-forecast-checkbox%3Dtrue%26extended-forecast-checkbox%3Dtrue%26almanac-checkbox%3Dtrue%26radar-checkbox%3Dtrue%26settings-wide-checkbox%3Dtrue%26settings-kiosk-checkbox%3Dfalse%26chkAutoRefresh%3Dtrue%26settings-speed-select%3D1.00%26latLonQuery%3D29455%252C%2BJohns%2BIsland%252C%2BSC%252C%2BUSA%26latLon%3D%257B%2522lat%2522%253A32.6834%252C%2522lon%2522%253A-80.0783%257D%3Fkiosk%3Dtrue

If so, no change.

Is anyone getting a channel not available message on NBC.com?

I had this issue a month ago. Same message. In my case, I was using Sling TV creds on NBC.com. The only channels impacted were Bravo, CNBC and MSNBC. I was surprised that Sling TVE worked with those channels anyway. After using the channels, a week later they no longer worked. Can't auth to them with Sling but other channels still worked, including local NBC.

I tried logging in many times. so strange. I used directvsteram. might be able to try with uverse or spectrum login I have.

New version of my code - still buggy af. Very early on peacock code

I actually tried this again today and I'm tiny url worked so I may have cut-n-pasted the url in wrong last night. Thanks for the help!

My only issue now is the extra whitespace at the bottom of the screen that isn't present when opening the URL in a browser.

Is there a setting I need to tweak to preserve quality?

The video in Chrome is fine, but the quality presented through actually watching the content is a mess.

What channel?

Did you run the full screen script?

Left is watching through the client, right is the tab actually capturing the content. It's noticeably lower bitrate

whats your source?

use stealth-6 and tell me what your bitrate is

The what ? Apparently I need to read the thread from the start lol.

Why am I seeing bars on client

1 Like