BETA: Craft your own experience with Personal Sections on tvOS and iOS

Could you add a blank icon for those of us using empty sections as sidebar spacers?

Virtual channels and personal sections have basically locked me into Channels! Nothing else comes close to what you can do with this software!

3 Likes

This is resolved in the latest testflight beta

1 Like

Can we get the bug fixed where Video groups do not show individual video thumbnail in Up Next? It currently shows the video group set artwork.

I think I have mentioned this before.... or maybe it was just the artwork shown in the playback top an bottom bars still do not show thumbnail of video, and was told it a "long standing bug".

Just pointing out the few remaining fine details that need to be polished up before a stable app feature release.

This isn’t a bug and is working as normal. Up Next presents with airing art.

oh. Well, that makes sense for tv shows and movies, but not so much to me for video groups, which may or may not be just one show or thing.

I would prefer to see the thumbnail of the specific thing i am watching or that is up next, not the art of the whole group of things the file is in. Infuse and other players do it that way.

Minor thing, but maybe if others find it confusing or annoying, you may consider changing the behavior.
For now, i will just exclude my Video Groups from Up Next.

So, i guess the only other thing that is bugging me a bit, is the orange box issue in the top info bar when playing anything in a video group. Would be great to have it be the correct art, i assume the "airing art" that is shown on the timeline during playback.

I mentioned it in this post and was told it was a "long standing bug with video groups" here

How would I setup a filter to show only imports? With the forthcoming stream link generator, I'm thinking of adding a section that will list the newly added stream links for newly released episode, but not regularly recorded shows that would appear in Up Next section. From what I recall (and tested) stream links don't appear in Up Next since there is no way of tracking the watched status.

Smart Rules have a rule for imported or not. It works for episodes and movies and videos.

So this is fully available.

Not seeing it. I tried using Advanced but couldn't figure out the right way to write it.

What is your row’s content set to?

2 Likes

You have it set to tv shows.

As mentioned previously, imported is only available for episodes, movies, and videos.

1 Like

That was it. Thanks.

When adding a Library Collection as a Personal Section it honors the visibility of the individual shows — which I have all set to Hidden so the shows I like don't show up for other family members with different tastes. So the section appears completely blank. This is different from when I view the collection from the TV Shows section. Is there a way around this?

1 Like

This is tricky, but I understand. I’ll see if I can have it ignore the hidden rule in this case.

2 Likes

These are resolved in the latest pre-release:

3 Likes

Updated to this new version... and now I do not see the # Unwatched "Badge" on the icons for my video groups in my personal section.

How do you "Show/Hide" badges now? In the app, or edit personal section on the server UI?

EDIT: AH. Guess i was just tooo quick with app update. Server pre-release just pushed to enable Show/hide badge. :laughing:

As of the latest TestFlight beta and server pre-release, you can now optionally set if badges show on TV Shows and Video Groups.

We're getting close to wrapping up this beta period of Personal Sections before they officially launch.

Along with that comes DOCUMENTATION!

I've added official documentation to our docs. Please take a look at them and let us know if you feel like it's missing anything or could do a better job explaining something.

There is a minor spacing issue i just noticed. I have Up Next as the top section, and a Button row as the next section. Ever so slightly the words get cut off. This happens for all things in Up Next.
Beta 9.8.2028

The Title of the program in up next is too close to the buttons.