BETA: Craft your own experience with Personal Sections on tvOS and iOS

I found the setting I think u mean... in Server side settings.

Yes, enabling that, now there is a filter bar at the top of On Now, and, from personal section, pressing back does exit the section. However, I do not want that filter bar on, I do not need it.

The normal On Now, when added to the navigation sidebar, with no Collection Filter on, works fine, u can exit it by going to the nav sidebar. But when you open it from Personal Collections and have no Collections Filter enabled, you are stuck. I have always had Channel Collection filters off. On Now is the only section that does this.

This is resolved in the latest prerelease.

It is. Thank you!

Personal Sections getting pretty smooth at this point.

Is there a timeline for releases it as Public Stable feature.... or is there still things to be added before it is out of Beta?

Also, I am sure Android users would also love this.

Yep, we're pretty much wrapping up Personal Sections and are ready to call them complete. At least for a first version.

We'll be doing a stable build here soon.

I guess it's worth mentioning specifically that Personal Sections are now available on iOS and iPadOS, not just on tvOS as the thread originally stated.

The addition for the Sidebar navigation was required to make use of them, and that's now available on the mobile apps.

I've been having lots of fun with Personal Sections. Is it on the roadmap to add the ability to add items from a playlist? I can add a button to launch a playlist, I think, but I mean the ability to have a row that displays items pulled from a playlist, so I could see, for example left to right, the thumbnails of the movies in order that are in a playlist as I go down my personal section.

No, mostly because the content rows can’t support mixed formats.

This is primarily why the List layout was created, so mixed content could be presented.

If your playlist is all movies, consider just making a Collection instead, if you want them in a row.

Or go pro and just label the items you want, then make a Playlist that pulls them in with Smart Rules, and then a Collection that does the same thing, and apply that to a row.

You can set Collections to hidden, so they don’t show in the library, and still use them to power rows.

Actually, you wouldn’t even need to use the Collection since you could just use the Label in the smart rules of the content row.

I tried to search but couldn't find anything regarding my question.

Is there any method to change the icon on the added button to launch a deep link to a streaming service? For example, I would like to add the Apple logo to the top of the button I have created to launch Apple TV+. I think it would be cool to add if it doesn't already exist. Like if launching Prime Video, having the Prime Video logo instead of just the standard link icon I think would be neat.

The icons available are the ones in the button editor.

There’s no ability to use your own images for buttons.

Ok.

Are there any trademark problems or are you guys able to add the various streaming service icons as options?

We won’t be adding brands.

I just installed the beta app on my iPad and I noticed that for every section such as videos, TV shows, etc. in personal sections and in the normal sections, each individual video is showing the artwork for the whole video group not each Individual video thumbnail. The normal stable app shows each thumbnail for each video

Only seeing this in the iOS version. The TV OS version on Apple TV is fine and is showing the individual video thumbnails fine

Beta

Stable

Tv show

Beta

Stable

EDIT. I also noticed that during playback the current time on the timeline bar is missing from the left side. time remaining is showing just fine on Right side. It’s the same in portrait or landscape Is that supposed to be that way on mobile?

The art changes are a bug.

The timeline change is not.

Could you add a blank icon for those of us using empty sections as sidebar spacers?

Virtual channels and personal sections have basically locked me into Channels! Nothing else comes close to what you can do with this software!

3 Likes

This is resolved in the latest testflight beta

1 Like

Can we get the bug fixed where Video groups do not show individual video thumbnail in Up Next? It currently shows the video group set artwork.

I think I have mentioned this before.... or maybe it was just the artwork shown in the playback top an bottom bars still do not show thumbnail of video, and was told it a "long standing bug".

Just pointing out the few remaining fine details that need to be polished up before a stable app feature release.

This isn’t a bug and is working as normal. Up Next presents with airing art.

oh. Well, that makes sense for tv shows and movies, but not so much to me for video groups, which may or may not be just one show or thing.

I would prefer to see the thumbnail of the specific thing i am watching or that is up next, not the art of the whole group of things the file is in. Infuse and other players do it that way.

Minor thing, but maybe if others find it confusing or annoying, you may consider changing the behavior.
For now, i will just exclude my Video Groups from Up Next.

So, i guess the only other thing that is bugging me a bit, is the orange box issue in the top info bar when playing anything in a video group. Would be great to have it be the correct art, i assume the "airing art" that is shown on the timeline during playback.

I mentioned it in this post and was told it was a "long standing bug with video groups" here