BETA: Craft your own experience with Personal Sections on tvOS and iOS

It seems that the video will not open when you use Library Collection via Content Row. Nothing happen when I click on the movie poster.

Ahh, good catch. I'll get that in there.

No rush. Thanks!

This is resolved in the latest TestFlight beta:

1 Like

Personal Sections now support Channel Collections in rows, allowing you to display current guide items.

2 Likes

Sweet! I've just upgraded the "Music" Channel Collection that was in our guide, into a fuller-fledged Personal Section in the sidebar, that includes:

• shortcuts at the top, to launch our favorite music apps (Spotify, SiriusXM, Pandora, etc.)
  • An "On Now" section that shows thumbnails for all music-related content playing for TV right now, including some Virtual Channels we'd created of:
  • Collections of concerts and music videos we've archived over the years
  • Links to some favorite ambient 24/7 audio streams

This is an excellent new feature, thanks so much @maddox!

4 Likes

Now ya can!

2 Likes

This is awesome!

Rows utilizing a Channel Collection containing movie in their title, will now present guide items with a poster aspect, just like On Now does.

1 Like

Fixed in latest TestFlight beta.

1 Like

As of the latest TestFlight beta, there is now a hard limit of how many navigation items you can apply to the sidebar.

After 15 items, no other items will show.

Does this work on Android clients? I can't get it to show up at all on Android clients. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Not yet:

Hopefully soon. I have apple 4k boxes but prefer androids so I'll keep watching for Android support hoping soon as this is a great feature no doubt Thanks for the quick reply brother :+1:t2:

Android development for Personal Sections will not start until the feature is complete for tvOS / iOS, per our usual development process.

A post was split to a new topic: Feature Request: Add Channels to Favorites from the App

I hope everyone keeps posting their Personal Section examples. I get inspired by other folks ideas!

Is there (or will there be) a way to add a single live channel to a Personal Section... or is the best strategy to just make a Channel Collection out of that one channel, and to assign that, instead?

Channels Collections will be the mechanism for getting channels into rows in your Personal Sections.