BETA: Custom Channels via M3U Playlists

I am using the techzyon m3u mentioned above. I’m using Windows so there isn’t a docker.

You need to be on the pre-release version of Channels DVR Server. Click and hold the check for update button to install that.

The shared playlist will kick you off anytime someone else using it tunes the same channel.

You can use Docker for Windows or WSL2. Both have worked for others in this thread.

Brillant, thanks very much. All up and running !

I may have to switch channels to my Mac mini then. The docker will not install on my windows machine due to its limitations. Been thinking of moving channels to my Mac anyway.

Were you able to work around this issue? Aside from rewriting the channel numbers? I can’t seem to get around this when mapping to any local channel line ups.

You should see the timeouts go away if you use the docker method mentioned above, I had the same issues with the initial way to setup PlutoTV using the urls.

Chief

it's an issue with the guide data, i think. i got it while i was messing around with the guide data and trying to get it into the right format, since i got rid of any errors i haven't seen it come up again.

Has anyone had any luck with audio from an RTSP camera? I converted my Wyze Cam v2 to RTSP and it works great when set to MPEG-TS with Text and the EXTM3u / EXTINF stuff along with the rtsp:// path, however I do not get any audio.

VLC plays the audio fine when using the exact same rtsp:// path.

The whole thing works perfectly, except no audio.

Version 2020.11.21.0001

Thanks for any help.

1 Like

Use awk or grep to filter list. It would be nice if your m3u playlist containg "group" tag

First, I want to thank the Channels team for all you do! I am learning, but feel very stupid sometimes :slight_smile:

I read up and was able to get the Docker installed on my Synology NAS and have become more familiar with that. Inside of the Docker log I can see how it is generating EPG data (as it looks to me). Has today's date, shows, etc.

When I go to the DVR and add an M3U Playlist, and enter the URL: http://127.0.0.1:8080/playlist.m3u I get 0 channels.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Make sure the URL loads for you first. You may have to use the IP of the NAS. Then put it in the DVR. If it doesn't work, check the Log tab to see what the error is.

Thanks for the quick reply! I can't get it to load for me. Using a browser I get:

This site can’t be reached

127.0.0.1 refused to connect.

I then tried the ip of the NAS and got the same message.

The Channels DVR log says: Failed to request m3u: Get "http://127.0.0.1:8080/playlist.m3u": dial tcp 127.0.0.1:8080: connect: connection refused

However, at the end of the Docker log it said "success the EPG and Playlist were created".

1 Like

127.0.0.1 is not a real IP address. It means local computer. You need to use the IP of your NAS.

I get the same message from the IP of the NAS.

Failed to request m3u: Get "http://192.168.1.252:8080/playlist.m3u": dial tcp 192.168.1.252:8080: connect: connection refused

I have noticed that when I am at home I have to log in to the DVR using the IP address 192.168.1.252:8080 but when I am out of the home network I use the my.channelsdvr.net. That's the only way I could get the DVR to work when I am out of the house. I turned that off on the DVR as a test, and it still would not work for either IP.

If you can't load the URL, then the DVR is not going to be able to either.

Sounds like the networking on your docker container is not setup correctly.

OK, thanks! Appreciate your help!

It seems as though any xml guide I throw at the m3u integration it doesn’t map. I’ve confirmed all of my mappings within the m3u and xml. Any suggestions?

make sure the tvg-id in the playlist matches the channel id in the xmltv.

I did verify that a few times. I’m using iptveditor to verify it all.