BETA: DVR web UI framework upgrade

Noticing that the Settings > Status > Activity section isn't auto refreshing like it used to.
20 minutes after a recording was finished it still showed recording.

Now after I quit streaming from VLC it still shows Watching, then it kicked off a scan for imported TV Shows and that status doesn't go away even though alll activities are done and it's idle.

Activity
Scanning for TV shows in /volume1/arkives/testTV Shows
Watching ch52 TVLANDP from 192.168.1.2: strength=96% quality=100% symbol=100% rate=2.2Mb/sec

http://192.168.1.3:8089/dvr
"activity": {},
"busy": false,
"clients": 0,

UPDATE: I'm not allowed a new post here, so adding this...
Don't know if others are seeing this and attributing it to this beta, but hope it gets unwrinkled before being released as there are lots of issues with having to manually refresh web pages all over the place in the DVR UI to make it work as it did before this update. Have reported other issues I've seen in other threads.

The issue with Activity not refreshing was fixed. Are you still seeing it?

Just thought I would mention that streaming ATSC3.0 channels or recordings through the beta web UI (2020.10.19.2252) works after a longer than normal startup, but no audio. I figured that would be the case, but hopefully a solution can be found to transcode the AC-4 audio into something that works in a web browser.

I can reproduce an error with 2020.10.18.0159/Debian using Firefox 79/Win10. Go to the settings page, click on the "165 channels" hyperlink under Xfinity in the sources table, wait ~5 seconds, and then change tabs (or even change browser window). When you go back to the Channels tab, the background is pink with a javascript error:

A Javascript error has occurred!

Please refresh the browser after reporting this issue on Channels Community or to [email protected].

Node.removeChild: The node to be removed is not a child of this node
removeChild@react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:221
g@react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:253
b@scheduler/cjs/scheduler.production.min.js:19
If@react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:122
fl@react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:248
Jj@react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:239
c@react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:123
b@scheduler/cjs/scheduler.production.min.js:19
If@react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:122
Ga@react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:123
fg@react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:122
gg@react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:230
a@react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:163
forceUpdate@zustand/index.js:112
state@zustand/index.js:12
forEach@zustand/index.js:12
set@components/settings/useSettings.js:111
call@regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:63
innerFn@regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:293
_invoke@regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:118
r@http://dvr1.example.net:8089/bundle.js:18
r@http://dvr1.example.net:8089/bundle.js:18

No, that was fixed.
I was trying to add a new post to this thread stating most users having issues with the web UI should be posting here and the issues I've seen besides javascript errors have been the need to refresh the web page. The forum wouldn't let me add a new post here and gave a message that I should instead edit my previous post. Ran across that before trying to add posts to this thread and just had to keep editing my previous post.

That should have been fixed in v2020.10.19.2252

2 Likes

6 posts unrelated to topic were split to a new topic: Redetect Commercials no longer working in 2020.10.19.2252