Beta Issue: Channel Takes 15-20 seconds to tune in

This problem just started happening. When I try to tune into one particular channel, it takes 15-20 seconds every time until the picture comes up. This only happens on the Verizon FIOS version of the channel coming through my HDHomerun Primes. My antenna source works fine. This has been happening for a few days. It does not happen with the HDHomeRun software nor any other channel so far.

It also does not happen with the non-beta version of Channels so it looks like some difference with the beta. I'm running the latest beta.

I just submitted diagnostics around 12:22pm. It's channel 504 (WTAE).

Does it happen on a recording from that channel

No, recordings from last night on that channel are fine.

Since the non-beta Android app doesn't experience this issue, it would seem to be client related.

I noticed this as well, but it seems to be isolated to my iPad. Multiple channels, but I have not verified if it is always the same channels. I am on version 2022.03.19.0040.

@tmm1 Just curious if you were able to find anything with this issue? My iPad regularly takes 10+ seconds to open/tune a channel, regardless of source (TVE/Pluto/HDHR Prime).

@maddox Thoughts?

Did you submit diagnostics from the app after it happened?

Submitted just now, at 8:26 pm. Thanks!

So this is interesting. On the screen where you can submit diagnostics, I noticed that I had 29 GB of disk cache. That seemed incredibly high for an iPad. So I cleared it and closed and re-opened the app. And magically the issue disappeared.

2 Likes

This issue has gone away with the particular channel I was having issues with. It seemed to last 48-72 hours.