Beta: New and Improved On Later

Any sneak peek on Android TV coming for this anytime soon?

2 Likes

“On Later” is recommending shows to me that air on channels I don’t want, that I have marked on the Channels server to exclude, that I have disabled on the clients, and even that I have marked on the new “fine tune” menu as excluded channels.

Examples are: specials from Telemundo (I’ve disabled all Spanish channels entirely) and old shows from Me TV (OTA channel 54.1, whose signal is unreliably weak here.)

How often does this list refresh? I’m not sure if this is a bug or if I’m doing/expecting something differently.

That's interesting as channels you have hidden, do not even get their airings indexed. So I'm curious where they're coming from.

When did you hide all these channels?

Are they disabled on the DVR server, too? If not, why not?

Well for starters I moved from a Locast subscription to a HDHomeRun OTA setup with antenna a couple of weeks back. So maybe information has been cached that I don’t know how to flush out for On Later to work as expected.

I hid Telemundo a week or so ago. But under On Later: Specials, I see three different entries related to the Latin Music Billboard Awards airing on 9/23 on that channel.

I just hid MeTV this morning. I have a pass set up that records the pilot (s01e1) of any show from the 80’s and 90’s. So maybe that’s why “The Powers of Matthew Star” showed up in this list today. However I checked and realized I don’t get a great MeTV signal with my antenna setup and I’d rather those suggestions be excluded. And that’s when I came here to post. Thanks for any suggestions.

Yes, as mentioned in the phrase prior to the one you quoted. I disabled them in the sources menu, on the Channels DVR server.

Have you tried Settings > Guide Database > Maintenance > Delete and Recreate Database?

Yes I should have mentioned that, it was one of the first troubleshooting steps I tried. I just tried it again now, to no avail.

I even just tried deleting the Channels beta app entirely and reinstalling. But it made no difference. These unwanted suggestions from channels I’d like to exclude won’t go away and persist in the On Later screen.

This appears to be cached data that’s not being flushed. In fact the first two entries listed in “On Later” aren’t even airing tonight, they aired over the weekend. The first suggestion actually airing tonight is “King of the Hill.”

Here is the Latin Music Billboard Award suggestion I’ve been seeing for a few days even though I’ve tried to remove/exclude/hide Telemundo everywhere I can think of.

As an aside, the first four (accurate) “On Tonight” suggestions (beginning with "King of the Hill") actually air during the daytime. So perhaps “On Today” makes more sense as a header than “On Tonight?”

It could even be cute about it, and dynamically change to say “On Tonight,” after, say, 5 PM :slight_smile:

Can you share a screenshot or picture of the disabled screenshots in the DVR web ui?

Didn't catch it if you mentioned it, but do you see the same issue in the web UI, or is it just on the clients?

Do you mean these?

CleanShot 2021-09-20 at 20.49.19

I also see it in the web UI.

1 Like

Thanks. Fixed in next build.

1 Like

Thanks! I can confirm these entries are now (finally) gone from my “On Later.”

Now, the “On Tonight” section starts with the pilot of “The Jamie Foxx Show” (which actually airs at 10am this morning) instead of “90 Day FiancĂ©e” and ”The Powers of Matthew Star” (the latter of which I noticed yesterday didn't even have upcoming episodes.)

And the 3 Latin Billboard Music Awards entries airing on Telemundo are no longer showing in “Specials.”

1 Like

Can't get past fine tune on later Apple tv beta.

You'll need to complete the setup to enable On Later. Choose some preferred genres and channels.

Some recent changes to On Later on iOS/tvOS:

1. On Later is now the third item in the sidebar on tvOS when it's turned on. Preserving the original order of On Now and Guide.
  2. On Later now appears in the main tab bar on iOS. Search can be used via a button in the navigation bar on the Library tab.
1 Like

Wow. Haven’t looked at On Later in a while. All the drama turned me off. But wow. I immediately found three or four things that I had no idea existed and set them to record. Awesome.

2 Likes

I made this happen. It will now say "On Tomorrow", "On Today", and "On Tonight" at the appropriate times.

1 Like

This has been added in the iOS app. Tapping the network logo will take you to the On Later view for that network. Tapping and holding will present a menu to let you Watch, Play To, Favorite, or Hide the channel.

3 Likes