BETA: New Home Page, Settings re-org, and On Boarding

I personally would like to see the landing page be the about page. Some others have mentioned that already. If you combined the info on the about page and the general page, putting the about info first and then the general info afterwards it gives a very good simple overview. The rest of the hierarchy makes sense

2 Likes

Can you make the home page landing custimizable. I like the home page to load the guide.

2 Likes

That's exactly what I did.

As for the overall update, I like it well enough. I do think some of the wording could be changed on the client settings pages for clarity. First of all, where it says Clients Recently active client devices I would change it to Client Settings Change settings on individual client devices. Honestly some people might not even realize you can click on those boxes (even with the little gear icon). I have, multiple times in these forums, had to explain to someone that they can click those boxes and change settings there. And in the global settings area I would outright call it Global Client Settings These settings are forced on all client devices. Something like my demo graphic below suggests. Maybe I'm just being picky, but I think it might make things clearer, especially for those on-boarding people you are trying to make things clearer for.

3 Likes

I’m very change-averse but I actually like what you’ve done here, makes it much more organized. I just wish you’d figure out how to put the pass reordering back in the iOS app. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Chrome corrupted error

Looks great. Looks more professional. One suggestion is to drop from the top navigation “trash” and put it on the side. The purpose for this is so the top navigation fits better so it looks better on my iPad browser :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I could live with just making "About," possibly renamed to "Status," as the default for Settings, in lieu of general, which isn't viewed or edited nearly as much.

I'm all for change. Just quickly reviewed the new layout. It looks great. If this is just web page coding, a suggestion that comes to mind would be to have clickable link buttons: one for Classic view and one for Default view.

1 Like

I noticed the Status of the DVR is all the way down in about can this be moved to the top and make it the default landings spot ... The most important things is what the DVR is currently doing be it recording watching . etc.

Just change bookmark to

[Channels | Settings](http://192.168.50.66:8089/admin/settings/about)

I Just changed by bookmark also to this. I can live with this.

Good idea. That's how it is now:

Sorry guys, time to change those bookmarks back :rofl:

3 Likes

"They love me, they really, really, love me!" :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, actually it'll be the next build, the wrong thing went out.

Ok, it's quite possible I am doing it wrong or just blind but I am not seeing the changes. I am seeing the same thing as before. I have updated to 2023.09.29.1338 as of just a few moments ago. I still access it with the following link. http://192.168.50.14:8089/admin/settings

Am I just not looking in the right place?

1 Like

You just installed a bad build with the old UI, the proper one is going back out now. Just bad timing.

Oh okay! Thank You. :wink:

OK, now it's up there.

2 Likes

I was fine with the original GUI Admin pages. Had no issues with look or useability.
This new version, just seems designed for use on a small phone screen, since it only show very little at a time, lots of empty space (I am using a 2K 1440p monitor though)
I am ok with the change, nice to see some organization.

However, I will say, that my idea of a all new web UI, would be to go the route of Emby... where it is the is nearly the exact same as the client app interface, with expanded Server Settings section, and also double as a full web browser client interface.

1 Like

@maddox there are no tuners on this page to configure.

1 Like

I noticed if you Select Channels DVR Server ... this is the home page ...

1 Like