BETA: New Home Page, Settings re-org, and On Boarding

@tmm1 all good thanks

1 Like

with this update, I have lost my access to Discovery, Food, TLC, Travel, HGTV channels. I am using YTTV.

This update would have nothing to do with that, it’s literally just cosmetic.

any chance of getting rid of the dropdown in the settings to nav? since the "channels DVR Server" link now goes to something else instead of the old "home", settings on top nav shouldn't have a drop down since we can now pick a home page. i think by clicking settings should just take you to the settings page, not a drop down and move api & feeds to the settings page or its own tap nav.

thanks.

It is redundant now, isn't it.

1 Like

Very

1 Like

Not necessarily. If, say, you're in the Live TV section and you want to go to settings->sources, the dropdown will take you straight to the destination. Same number of clicks, yes, but only one landing page.

I generally don't like burying things deeper into menus, but I'm more amenable to it when there is a way to customize what is in a Quick Access area.
For Channels, whenever I open the settings page (classic view) the first place I look is the Activity area to see what specifically is recording and how much free space is on the recording drive or to confirm that the Server is idle. Is that aspect going to remain?

You can either just set a bookmark to /admin/settings/status or use this setting:

Is it supposed to rescan everything? It looks as though my entire library is being re-processed. My raspberry pi load averages are in the 30's and temp is up to 54C

How about a new "Home" button, to pair with the link to left? Best of both worlds.

I just hate managing bookmarks amongst multiple browsers/machines, and i grate every time i need to click twice to get to my "home" page.

Can we make clicking Settings go to settings, but hovering over it opens the menu? Or make the arrow clickable for the menu but clicking the word/icon opens settings?

As a beta user, how long will I be able to continue to use the older (Sept 15) web interface before being forced into the new one?

Until the next DVR stable release.
And they never say when that will be.

I'm still struggling with the changes on the new one.

Same, it's nonsensical and convoluted :-1:

I like the new interface. Maybe because I am old, I would rather go directly to the desired options than scroll through a large pile. I find the interface intuitive and logical. I am not sure why the Trash option is at the top level instead of being under DVR, but hey we all will find somethings we don't understand.

2 Likes

Because the Trash includes imported library content that’s been deleted, and not merely deleted DVR content.

We might move it under Library.

Good point, I guess I never considered it since I don't allow Channels to delete any imported content.

Seems like a logical move. Anyway, it is just a cosmetic interface thing. Others probably like it just fine where it is.

We did it.