OK, we're back! We've re-written the Siri Shortcut support from scratch and it's AMAZING now!
Along with these actions that you can run on your local iOS device:
- Show Section - open Channels to a specific section.
- Watch Channel - open Channels and immediately play a channel.
- Watch Show - open Channels to a specific Show and optionally play the next watchable episode
You can now do them all on OTHER devices. Now you can create shortcuts that open a section, play a show, or play a channel on your Apple TV, or Android TV client.
- Show Section on Other Device
- Watch Channel on Other Device
- Watch Show on Other Device
- Run Command on Other Device (Play, Pause, Seek, etc)
Additionally, you don't need to manually enter channels or shows anymore, the app provides the data for you. Once you've opened the app at least once, all the data will be available in the Shortcut editor. It's way easier to make these now.
NOTE: if you're using one of the actions to do things on another device, make sure Channels is open on that device. The device choices are populated when the Channels app on iOS is running. If it doesn't see Channels on your other device, it can't add it to the options.
ANOTHER NOTE: Actions for Other Devices will only work if the Channels app is actually open and running. Channels on Android can be backgrounded (because Android) and these will work. On Apple TV the app has to be Open. Shortcuts has a "Open App on Apple TV" action to launch apps. If you're using an Apple TV, always use this action to launch Channels before your Channels actions in your shortcut. It also has the nice benefit of dismissing the screen saver if Channels is already open.