Better PIP/guide integration

I believe you're currently using the stock TVOS PIP integration, but I hate how the PIP window moves around on the screen when using navigating in the guide.

Would be really nice to have the PIP just "stick" in a single location. I know other TVOS apps can do it (check out IPTVX as an example) - I believe it just sticks in the upper right-hand corner, above the guide. Only downside would be I imagine that would potentially cutoff some of the show description on top but imagine that could be tweaked. It would just look way more professional vs. the "bouncing around" that it currently does.

1 Like

Here's an example of what I'd love to see on TVOS (this is the Carbon themed version of the Android app).

PIP in the upper-right hand of the screen, above the guide (and it's locked in that location). Clock would need to be slightly moved and the verbiage for the show could just wrap (there is plenty of room for multiple lines there).

1 Like

The implementation of PIP in Plex is nice too - they put it in the upper left behind some of the content, but it's pretty visible while channel surfing and eliminates the need to click twice on the item you want to watch to expand the PIP window again. Would love to see something like that come to Channels, but I'm not sure it's such an easy thing to do.

1 Like