Browsing Guide Issues

I have an irritating issue that surfaces over and over again:
When in the guide and paging up/down I will mostly experience expected results - the cursor will move up and down the guide.
However, occasionally, page up/down will jump to the control menu (sorry, not sure what to call it - but it is the pop-up screen on the left side of the guide that has a listing of "On Now, Guide, Recordings, Library, Search and Settings".
I have also experiences this behavior when scrolling the guide to the right (looking at future programming). I can scroll to see what is on, but sometimes it brings up the "control menu" (as previously described). There seems to be some logic issues with navigating the guide in which the "control menu" pops-up unexpectedly. Is there a fix for this or is this a new report? I am using Channels DVR on a Synology 218+ connected to a Firestick 4K.

How are you sending page up/down to the app?

I am using a harmony remote with a PC keyboard defined page up/down.
Also, please note I have similar behavior with the “right” key on the remote control.

I tested the right arrow issue on my fire remote, and don’t see the same problem as my harmony remote.

My fire remote does not have a page up/down so I can’t test that function.

It almost sounds like a harmony remote issue. I understand you probably can’t spend a lot of effort with a third party remote. However, I am open to testing/reconfiguring settings.

Thank you.

I've made some improvements today to the guide to prevent this. Please try installing the beta (4.23.0253) under Settings > Support and see if the behavior is improved in that app.

Thank you. My initial test show the guide navigation is much improved!
Just a couple feed back items for the beta effort:
1 - I deleted my production channels app and launched the beta version. Deleting the production app may have caused this issue (shrug). When I launched beta, it did not find my channels DVR. I had to enter the IP address. It appears that auto discovery function didn’t work on my home network.

2 - Pluto channels do not show on the guide. I do see it is still a source in the Settings. I ran the “refresh” function, but didn’t populate Pluto channels.

I hope you find this helpful feedback.
Thank you for working on the guide navigation and look forward to seeing it in the production release.

1 Like

(Head smacking forehead) I solved issue 2. The guide had a filter of “favorites”. Once I change it to “all” I can see Pluto channels. Sorry for the false report.

1 Like

Great! Let me know if you still experience any issue on the guide and how to reproduce.