Buffering issues

Hi guys.
Let me start by saying for the most part I really like this app. I’m running it on my iPad 2017 9.7 inch model. I have the tuner connected to a huge db8b antenna and get 35 channels or so reliably in toronto. When I watch these channels on my tv they are crystal clear with no buffering. I can even watch them using the hd homerun app on my smart tv with no issues. But even the strongest channels buffer pretty badly with the app. The weaker channels don’t play at all on the channels iOS app but I can still see them on my smart tv.

What can I do to improve the quality?

Can you try some other apps on the iPad to compare. InstaTV and VLC should both work for free.

When you say buffering issues, do you mean its pausing and stuttering?

Yes pausing and studdering. Let me check out insta tv

I don’t have the paid version for instatv so get th small screen. No buffering at this point. With channels it buffers, pixelates and then return to clear. Run for a min or so and repeats.

I have strong wifi signal so that shouldn’t be the issue. Thoughts?

Quite strange. Does pausing for a few seconds help?

It helps for a bit but repeats the behaviour after a few min
Are there any settings I need to adjust?

I sent you a beta version to try. See if it has the same issue, and click Submit Diagnostics at the bottom of the Settings tab.

Thank you. Headed out now but will do this later today

Don’t know I have the same or not. My iOS and Apple TV both pause freeze for a second or its synced up even. But by android streams it fine. Not a network not a prime issues. Not weak signal. It really looks like transcoder not keeping up. All not no every channel. In my area the switch to h264 is underway is there anyway to show the stream specs?