Buffering live tv on local network

Hello, I have many buffering pauses watching live TV, even on my local wifi. My internet speed at home is 800/600 and my speed test to server from device is 321, 2.69, 1.26. I have tried direct and stream method with no change. The app says tuner problems even though this is TVE and not antenna. I submitted diagnostic logs.

Do you get buffering when playing a recording?

1 Like

Short answer: No

For myself, playing the recording once the video is completed there is no pausing.

During a recording of a long show, such as a 3 hour+ sporting event, viewing is unwatchable by pausing every 5 seconds with the video stuck for approximately 3-10 seconds.

So if I am watching it live, not later, while recording I must use the ESPN or DirecTV stream apps to actually watch the event.

1 Like

What is your server and how is it connected?

1 Like

I get something similar because that switch on my LAN has too much traffic coming from the antenna and the internet at the same time in both directions. The server is right there too, and the I/O isn't the greatest because it's a 12 year old Win10 PC with SATA3.

I'm guessing a server update would do wonders along with a better switch, but I can manage since I only ever get this saturation when there are 3-4 football games on.

Perhaps my football viewing is out of control?

1 Like

Can you give some more details on what server you are running, how is that server connected to your network, what clients and how they connect to your network etc? Without that info its kind of like saying my car won't run what do you think is the problem?