Bug: Can't Seek Forward when Watching Recording in Progress

Here's a bug that has been around for a long time and I think I've finally figured out the particulars.

Scenario:

• Watching a recording that is currently in progress
  • Recording set to record with padding at end, e.g. baseball game set to record 60 min longer than guide duration
  • Recording has progressed past guide duration and into padded time, but not yet ended

In this situation, one cannot seek past the guide end time into the extra time. The on-screen timeline also indicates incorrectly that there is no buffer to seek into. A 30 second skip operation does work, it's just the swipe right action seek that does not work.

In the photo, you can see the timeline shows no buffer available, but the playhead indicator is about 45 minutes behind "live" at the time it was taken.

Nice catch. Thanks for grabbing a screenshot which shows the issue very clearly.

I think I’ve fixed it. Please confirm with the next beta whenever possible.

Yep, seems to be fixed in the beta. I tested it out on the World Series game last night and was able to seek into the extra time, and the timeline correctly shows the available buffer now.

Thanks!

1 Like

Great news! I have been bit by this bug multiple times in the past…and couldn’t put my finger on the exact parameters…but I think the OP nailed the description of when I’ve seen it too.

Is this a DVR fix, or a client fix? I don’t have access to the beta on ATV, and would rather wait until it hits the general version anyway. Any idea when that fix will hit the app store?

Thanks for the quick response!

Should be on the App Store by the end of the week

It’s live on the App Store!