Bug: Shield - guide won't scroll right if show is longer than ~200 minutes

Using the Shield 2019 remote to scroll on the guide.
Repro: if there's a long show like right now "Live Coverage: Winter Storm Isaiah" on the weather channel, when I press right to scroll later in the day the guide does not move right until I scroll up or down to another channel with shorter programs.

Not a huge deal but I've run into it a few times now and at first I thought the guide was broken until I realized I was stuck on a long program that was preventing me from scrolling to a later time.

I can screenshot it or post a video if that'd be helpful.
Doing the same thing on "The Dark Knight Rises" on TNT.

Thanks.

This is a known issue with the Android TV focus engine. We have not been able to find a workaround so far.

Ah bummer. Thanks. I'm a dev but know nothing about Android but I'll throw this out there anyway..
at the risk of telling you something you already know :wink:, the live channels app guide probably has a different implementation but it doesn't have this particular issue and.. once again as you probably already know its source can be found here: https://android.googlesource.com/platform/packages/apps/TV/+/android-live-tv/src/com/android/tv/guide/

Nice job on Channels by the way, I tried Plex, Live Channels, HDHomerun DVR and this has been the best experience. Stable, easy to set up recordings and "series" / "passes" and actually works :smile:.

1 Like