Bug: Shield - guide won't scroll right if show is longer than ~200 minutes

Using the Shield 2019 remote to scroll on the guide.
Repro: if there's a long show like right now "Live Coverage: Winter Storm Isaiah" on the weather channel, when I press right to scroll later in the day the guide does not move right until I scroll up or down to another channel with shorter programs.

Not a huge deal but I've run into it a few times now and at first I thought the guide was broken until I realized I was stuck on a long program that was preventing me from scrolling to a later time.

I can screenshot it or post a video if that'd be helpful.
Doing the same thing on "The Dark Knight Rises" on TNT.

Thanks.

1 Like

This is a known issue with the Android TV focus engine. We have not been able to find a workaround so far.

Ah bummer. Thanks. I'm a dev but know nothing about Android but I'll throw this out there anyway..
at the risk of telling you something you already know :wink:, the live channels app guide probably has a different implementation but it doesn't have this particular issue and.. once again as you probably already know its source can be found here: https://android.googlesource.com/platform/packages/apps/TV/+/android-live-tv/src/com/android/tv/guide/

Nice job on Channels by the way, I tried Plex, Live Channels, HDHomerun DVR and this has been the best experience. Stable, easy to set up recordings and "series" / "passes" and actually works :smile:.

1 Like

Yes this happens to me on my shield 2017 too, be glad when it is fixed.

1 Like

Not only the Shield it happens on FireTV too ... I have to move down or up a show on guide to keep scrolling.

Please try the latest beta.

1 Like

Works better, specifically going back in time is much improved and/or totally fixed.
Still gets hung up on for example on FX the movie Interstellar is playing which is 4 hours long and it gets tripped up on that and won't move forward. If I go to a different channel in the guide and go to the end of Interstellar and select Interstellar again when I click left on the remote it goes to the beginning of Interstellar sucessfully.

Hmm, I'm able to scroll right on FX without issue on my CCGTV with the new beta

I'm on the latest nvidia shield. It's like it's trying to jump to the next show, the icon images flashes but it won't go.
It will go if I hold down the "right" button on the shield remote.
Here's a video.
channels_guide_wont_scroll_right.mp4 - MEGA

What version number is shown on Settings > Support > About

Argh, totally working! I mean, yay the guide is totally working correctly!

If I install the beta it only remains on the beta until Channels app loses focus (by going to Shield main menu) so I thought I was still on the beta but it had automagically and silently reverted to the non-beta v3.1.4 without my intervention.
Weird. Maybe that's a thing in Android?

Anyway, great success :+1: