Bug: Trash all episodes of a show in DVR web interface

I've found a bug in the web interface for the DVR server. No idea how long it's been there since I've only recently done this action, but I am on the latest pre-release as of about 10 mins ago. The bug is repeatable for me:

1. go to Library > TV Shows
  2. click on the tile for one of the shows
  3. click the red 'Trash' button in the 'Manage' tab on the right hand side of the show page
  4. click OK in the modal confirmation box 'Are you sure you want to put ALL the recordings in the trash?'
  5. nothing happens
  6. repeat steps 3 and 4
  7. all recordings for the show correctly deleted -> "No recordings found for show."

Actually I've found this happens when there are >1 recordings of the show. If there is exactly 1 recording of the show then the feature works first time as expected.

Are you sure it's not a browser page refresh issue where it just appears nothing happened?
I've been seeing things like that since they announced a change a long time ago.
If you Trash a show, look in the Trash, it will probably be there.
When I empty the Trash, more than 1/2 the time it still shows the contents until I refresh the page, or switch to another browser tab and back.

1 Like

As part of my importing experiments, have been using trash a lot recently. Just tried on 2021.08.22.2127 and was unable to duplicate your results. Had an imported TV season of 24 episodes. After step 4, the web UI display cleared and it went directly to step 7. Have not encountered the cache issue chDVRuser mentions, but can easily see how that might happen and would match your symptoms.

Could be browser related.
Although I have MS Edge, I always use Firefox.
Just tried in Edge and same problem.
It's intermittent.

I started having the issues when this change was announced BETA: DVR web UI framework upgrade