Bulk and Automatic Visibility Settings

I'd like to set up a Virtual Channel that I populate using automation tools on the Mac without the added content showing up in my library. I'd love to be able to designate a folder and have anything put in it automatically designated as hidden in Channels. Alternatively, I'd like to bulk edit additions to the library so several can be marked hidden at once.

Check out the DVR > Manage section on the Channels DVR Server web admin. It has bulk editing tools.

Thanks, that's definitely better than what I was doing

I do still wish this could be done automatically, though, because, but for having to go in to mark content by hand, I'd have a fully-automated Virtual Channel

To add to this idea,

Imagine season / month settings for visibility.

Example: a collection of Christmas movies that are only and automatically visible during the months of NOV, DEC, and JAN.

Same with virtual channels tied to the collections.

1 Like

Ummm. . . . Just yes.

Using your idea.

"Friday the 13" movies that are only visible on Friday the 13th's.

1 Like

that would be awesome. Especially tied to a virtual channel that would show up in the guide and then disappear. A channel 0 or something.

also if it could be worked into the UI under new movies or something. A reminder that its popped up.

Another example:

A V for Vendetta 24/7 channel that only shows up on the 5th of November.

Cool ideas like this just arent possible on platforms like Plex.

@maddox

Seriously. . . Make this dream happen

Virtual Channel that plays only Friday the 13th mobies. On Friday the 13. Appears at top station in the guide.

Please!!!!!!

under the virtual channels settings page you could use a grouping called "seasonal channels" that allow for the appearance at the top of the list between dates X and Y

More virtual channel ideas for brief moments:

• Star Wars Day, May 4th
  • Bill Murry Day, Feb 5th Birthday
  • 31 Days of Horror - The October Movie Marathon
  • 4th of July - independence day movies, the patriot, etc
  • tolkin day - march 25th
  • earth day - apr 22
  • National Cooking Day - Sep 25
  • etc

Depending on how well tags work, these channels can be auto created from your library too. It may even be a revenue opportunity for Channels if they want to add "extras" in the channels like the old TBS dinner and a movie content. Dinner and a Movie - Wikipedia

BE SURE TO VOTE AT THE TOP FOR THIS

1 Like