Bundle of your apps?

Hi,

Compared to you price range, i think you should bundle your apps so you dont need to buy for every device which makes it a more complete product. Also when you are missing the guide grid on AppleTV it would be nice to offer your users this on mobile devices for free untill you have implemented it.

With the new HomeKit features coming to iOS and tvOS there must be a way to get the streams out of your home. AppleTV or a ipad could be like a server in this. Another solutions is to have a serverside application like Plex is doing you can install on your mac or NAS, so you dont need to setup a VPN. So you can use channels outside your home

1 Like

Unfortunately Apple does not allow us to create a bundle which includes both tvOS and iOS apps.

Apps are also not allowed to run in the background, so unfortunately they cannot be used as a server. Channels DVR will require a NAS or always-on computer to run its server and recorder components.

Ok, i think other apps create tvOS app together with their iPad og iPhone app. So when you buy for phone you get for ipad and tvOS. like a universal app.

I didn’t see you were working on a server version, sad your beta is full already. it would be great to see how it hold up againts plex new DVR featture wichs looks very cool. Still plex are missing live streaming, but i think it is in the works

What Jon_Carlsen is referring to I believe is Universal Purchase (https://developer.apple.com/support/universal-purchase/)

It would be great to have the iOS and tvOS apps covered in one purchase.

1 Like

Yea I am surprised after buying the Apple TV app that I cannot download for free on my iPhone.

Maybe surprising, but each (tvOS or iOS)) is best in it’s platform. The DVR (monthly sub) may also seem expensive to some, however, it is also light years ahead of any other solution. Development and customer service is outstanding. I’d rather pay for this premier performance than accept lower cost solutions that are severely handicapped in numerous aspects. No brainer once you’ve tried. Channels is the best of the best.

1 Like

DebbieFL, I have to agree with you and I’m using the somewhat limited Android TV app. Hopefully the guys will find time to work on the AndroidTV app again soon. I’ve used a diy pc or nas based DVR for probably the last 15 years. Npvr and SageTV mostly. This is the first DVR app that I have considered recommending to my friends. I was always afraid of creating a computer support nightmare for myself.

Channels DVR is so simple to set up and everything just seems to work.

2 Likes