C-SPAN TVE not working on DVR Server

I have access to C-SPAN TVE via DirecTV STREAM (still called AT&T TV on Channels DVR Server). Works fine logging in on www.c-span.org which even shows a nice TVe logo. However C-SPAN 1, 2, 3 on TVE channels 6007, 6008, 6009 show "AT&T TV does not provide TVE access to CSPAN."

AT&T TV is not listed as supported TVE Provider for those channels on their website
DirecTV Stream is at their website here https://www.c-span.org/networks/

Did you pick DirecTV Stream as a provider for the TVE source in Channels DVR?

DirecTV STREAM does not exist as a TVE provider in Channels DVR, as AT&T TV NOW and DirecTV NOW also never existed, so I have used AT&T TV as the log in which works well for streams other than C-SPAN. If I try to use DirecTV as the provider, the login fails.

Maybe you need to update your Channels DVR server
Screenshot 2021-09-28 at 11-32-56 Channels Settings

"Stable release" is up to date. Are you using the beta version?

No, it's called prerelease.
Anyone using TVE should stay up to date with the prerelease versions.

I have other people in the household who use it so I want it to be stable. I do a lot of beta testing but generally not on shared devices.

I do a lot of beta testing too, for apps and products of all kinds. All that to say, Channels DVR pre-release has been very stable for me, for over a year now. I haven't had any problems with it at all, just quick access to the latest fixes, features and improvements. I think it's worth it. Especially if the content you're expecting to have access to isn't available for whatever reason, in the current release version.

2 Likes

Thanks for that! Weird thing is, like I said, both DirecTV NOW and AT&T TV NOW (its successor) were never on the list but AT&T TV has aways worked. Will try the pre-release now.

After the pre-release update, the source was automatically changed to DIRECTV STREAM with a few new streams added. I did have to manually RESCAN the C-SPAN channels to turn them on but working now. Thanks!

1 Like

Channels DVR is really an amazing TV system. The best I've ever had or seen. Combing an OTA antenna with a SiliconDust HDHomeRun box and DirecTV STREAM, along with my NAS for DVR storage, it's just really great.

4 Likes

Getting a akamai token not found on the 3 CSPANS now. Anyone else having an issue on CPAN?

Working for me. (Authenticated via Directv Stream)

Thank you. It's an ISP issue. Resolved it