Can access through website remotely, can't through app

What settings do I need to change?

Can you share more details, including any error messages you are getting?

Did the app go through the authentication process via mobile browser?

On my I pad yes then it crashes. Phone no

Your DVR can't be discovered

What kind of internet connection are you using to connect remotely. Any chance it’s a corporate network or something that is behind a firewall or something?

Starting over a bit, you're saying you can stream via the web interface remotely, but not via the apps remotely? Have you tried deleting the apps and reinstalling and re-authenticating them? Also, is the app asking if you're home or away? It should.

I can stream through chrome not the app. I tried reinstalling the app. It asks me to put in the IP address of the server, but won't let me type

Spectrum hot spot

What is the URL you use to stream remotely via Chrome?

Mychannelsdvr net. Don't know if it's safe to give my full url

Please contact [email protected] with a screenshot or video of the issue.

You do not need to enter any IP into the app. You have to select "Away from Home" and then login to your account.

No, that's fine. When using the iOS app for remote viewing, it needs to be authorized to access your home server. While on Cellular, or a wifi network that is not your home network, go to the iOS app settings, choose Connect to Channels DVR. You should get an option for At Home or Away From Home. Choose Away From Home. This should launcher safari, where you'll be asked to log in to your server. Once logged in and authenticated, you'll be returned to the app and hopefully everything works!

1 Like

Ok I got in. I only saw the at home option. When I swiped up on the phone I saw away from home and it works.

What kind of phone? Sounds like it has a small screen and the login screen of the app is not fitting correctly. (This is why we ask for screenshots to support).

A cheap Altecl 5 in screen

I've been experiencing the same issue for nearly two weeks. I travel for work and carry a Fire stick with me. I have previously been able to access my server via the Fire stick, and I can still access my server on my phone, as well as via the mychannelsdvr.net site. When I try to access on the Fire stick it acts as if I haven't connected previously. I go to the DVR section, connect to remote DVR, Away from Home, go to the URL provided (as I've done successfully in the past) and I get this message: This site can’t be reached

http://172.20.5.46:57000/auth is unreachable.