Can I add a tuner source from another Channels server running in a test environment

I am running Channels on a QNAP NAS. My issue is that YTTV will not tune the Discovery channels (Discovery, Food, Travel, TLC) but tunes in every other channel just fine. I get the 'google blocked' error. I've tried all the suggestions to fix that with no success.

I have created a virtual test machine and installed channels server there running just from a basic Windows machine. All the YTTV channels tune fine in that test environment using just Windows 10.

Is it possible to create a custom channels tuner in my everyday Channels server running on the NAS that reads the channels tuned from my test environment? If so, how?

Sure. First thing is if you are running two servers locally disable remote access and disable bonjour on the windows machine. In the NAS dvr settings create custom channels. Choose mpeg ts and in the url use the following url

http://ip.address.of.windows:8089/devices/ANY/channels.m3u?format=ts

Choose prefer channel numbers from m3u

XMLTV guide data use the following url or leave it blank and add it after hitting save using zip code like you did on the original yttv tve source

http://ip.address.of.windows:8089/devices/ANY/guide/xmltv?duration=604800

Click save and after it loads the m3u, hit the gear manage lineup and void out all the channels except the discovery’s.

Obviously your windows machine will need to be on 24/7

Would this also require two Channels DVR subscriptions?

Nope

In that case - why not just backup and restore the whole thing onto the Windows machine? Then add YTTV as a TVE source and have everything consolidated on one server?

He asked I answered and it’s not necessarily what I’d do but perhaps he is just buying time until he can get those working on his NAS. Personally I’d never run channels on a NAS because of chrome and tve issues.

Thank you Rice. This worked perfectly as far as I can tell at this time.

Yes, the temp machine is only a virtual setup with limited resources and is definitely only a temporary fix until the other stable returns to working order.

Have you tried running Channels DVR in a docker container on the QNAP?

I would be interested in doing so, but unfortunately, I do not understand Docker enough to get a working instance.

Yes, there is that initial learning curve.