Canadian TVE Provider list

There doesn't seem to be a list of providers from Canada. Did I miss a location prompt somewhere? wtve.ca has my supplier (Vmedia) when I sign in there but not wtve.net (which makes sense). Ideas welcome.

For the most part, TV Everywhere as implemented in Channels is US-only, as decided by the providers.

Looking at the link you provided, that seems to be an aggregator with its own frontend. Channels uses the streams directly from the networks themselves—not any intermediary—so check if your provider is listed on the websites of the networks you're trying to access.

Edit: Also, from the website you referenced, here's an excerpt from their FAQ:

Will I be able to watch my watchTVEverywhere programming content while traveling outside of the USA?
Programming and Distribution rights vary by programmer however, as a general rule, rights are restricted to the US and US territories for content distribution by USA cable operators.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, Vmedia is a reseller just like many cablecos / ISPs in the US.
That FAQ is for US watchers outside the US. I'm a Canadian trying to watch inside Canada. I'm actually not concerned about viewing content outside Canada but more integrating the channels my provider has with OTA channels from my HDHR in the Channels guide.

Our TVE integration only works in the USA

Thanks.

Do you plan to add support for Canadian TVE?

Thanks

2 Likes