Can't access Web Admin for DVR server

Out of the blue, I can't access the Web Admin on the Mac that has the DVR server running. It says Safari Can't Connect to the Server. And now I cannot access Channels from my Apple TV or Fire Sticks or iPhone app. I've been using Channels DVR for 3 years with little trouble and nothing has changed with my network for more than a year. The router, HDHomeRun, Mac running the server and all my apps are on devices using 10.0.0.x IP addresses. I do not have multiple networks. How do I fix this?

I presume you’ve tried restarting Channels server and/or rebooting the Mac that Channels server is running on? Is the IP static or DHCP & has it changed? Can you ping the IP?

Have you tried from the Mac using the loopback address (127.0.0.1) instead of your 10.0.0/24 address? Perhaps the router assigned a different IP to your Mac? (The clients find it because they use Zeroconf/Bonjour discovery, but direct IP addressing doesn't use those means.)

1 Like

When I used to access the Web Admin it was at 127.0.0.1:8089 but now it says Safari Can't connect to the Server at that IP. My computer says its IP is 10.0.0.143. Did the IP change from 127 to 10? When I try to access the Channels app on my Fire Stick, it says to input the computer's IP address and I put the 10.0.0.143 in but it says the DVR is not quite set up yet and to go to http://10.0.0.143:8089 on the computer. When I do that, Safari just shows a white screen with a small circle turning forever. If I put 127.0.0.1 in the Fire Stick app, it says there was no sever found at that address. Also odd is that there is a Channels TV icon that used to show in the menu bar on my desktop so I could access setting from there, but now the icon flickers for 1 second and goes off for 10 seconds and then flickers for another second, etc.

Sounds like it might be crashing.
I don't use a Mac, but this looks like a way to view the log to see what's happening

That command will show the last 50 lines in the log

I don't know how to pull that specific log, but this is what the system log keeps showing over and over again:

May 15 22:05:23 Dans-Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.channels-dvr.2544): Failed to bootstrap path: path = /Users/danoffice/Library/Application Support/ChannelsDVR/latest/channels-dvr, error = 2: No such file or directory
May 15 22:05:23 Dans-Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.getchannels.dvr[2544]): Service exited with abnormal code: 2
May 15 22:05:23 Dans-Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.getchannels.dvr): Service only ran for 1 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 9 seconds.

Like I said, I don't use a Mac.
Someone familiar with them or one of the developers will respond.
Looks like it's complaining about the path to the Channels DVR executable.

Use the installer on our website to uninstall and reinstall

Thank you. Reinstalling seemed to solve the problem!