Can't Get DVR to Record Same Show over 2 Different Channels

Hi,

I am trying to record all episodes of the same show from 2 different PBS HD channels. Each of these 2 HD channels would show different episodes every day; hence, I want to create a Pass to record every episodes of the same show from these 2 channels. The web ui would only allow me to choose only 1 of them in the “Advanced” Pass. Is there any regex to include both PBS HD channels?

Thanks in advance.

Curious as to exactly what you’re trying to do as I may have the same situation.

Are you wanting to record “everything” for the series on both channels even if it means the same episode is recorded on both channels, or are you trying to record each episode only once, no matter which channel it appears on first, but don’t record that same episode again on the other channel?

Still trying to figure out the “Advanced Pass” as I have ten of them I setup by stumbling through it.
Wish they had a FAQ/Wiki on it.

Yes, that’s exactly what I am doing: trying to record each episode once no matter which HD channel it appears on first and don’t record the same episode again on any channel and also skip all the non-HD PBS channels. My area receives 3 HD PBS channels and 3 non-HD PBS channels. So, it’s more confusing and challenging to tell DVR to do what I want.

Guess it’s time for the experts to step in as I’m confused on how to do this also.

I can record them all with an Advanced Pass, but don’t know how to do what you want (which is what I also want).

Think it’s time for a sticky/wiki on how to do this kind of stuff. It’s not fun having to search through forum postings to see if someone answered how to do this when you’re trying to set this type of stuff up. Forum postings are good for conversations, but not as a quick reference/goto.

1 Like

You could record “all” episodes across multiple channels with an Advanced Pass? Can you please tell me how to do that? In Advanced Pass, it only allows me to choose “one” channel. How do you tell Advanced Pass to include more than 1 channel?

Example here, follow the link

If it’s all the same show then just create a series pass, then edit it to add Tags == HDTV to skip the SD channels.

2 Likes

Thanks. I think this will help solve my problem. Thanks again.

Hmm…just found out, HDTV tag still cannot get what I really want. My NAS has auto shutdown and auto start. My NAS/DVR won’t start after 11:45am, therefore, I want an Advanced Pass to record all HDTV shows after 12:00pm. The “Time” wouldn’t do “>” or allows me to “CONTAIN pm”. It would gather all HDTV shows including all the morning ones. Would you consider to have Time to have “>” parameter or Contain pm?

Thanks.