Can't get out of Channels

I'm not sure I understand the Flirc. Using my previous remote, my Shield, and my LG tv, does this tie them all together?

Flirc is a USB device you plug into your streaming device. It is essentially a reprogrammable IR receiver. You teach the Flirc to understand IR commands from whatever remote you want using your desktop computer and their software. Then you plug the Flirc into your streaming device (like the Shield), and it will translate the IR commands from the remote into keyboard button presses.

The Flirc translates IR remote commands into USB keyboard keypresses. The Flirc itself can be "taught" to take any IR input, and use that to generate whatever keypress you want.

Sounds good, but can it control more than one device? Say my Shield, tv, soundbar, etc.

1 Like

I am seeing very similar behaviour with Android TV and its remote. It used to be that I could hit the 'back' button to exit a prog, then across to menu from guide, then again to exit the app. It occasionally still works, but 80% of the time now sticks at the menu and I have to hit the remote's 'Home' button to exit.
Not a big deal, but a bit frustrating and inconsistent behaviour from the app
Already tried clearing app cache and rebooting etc etc

Possible fix in new beta.

2 Likes

I didn't see this mentioned here, so if I missed it... sorry. The Shield app. works great as a remote on a cell phone.